Six Decembers Ago

featuring Walid only

trigger warning: could be considered sad but it's giving book plot 🥰

Y/N seemed to ignore Walid as his words were forced upon her. The air was ripped from her chest leaving her breathless.

"What?" Her voice stammered as he avoided eye contact.

In one swift motion her eyes pooled with tears watching as he pulled off his engagement ring. Her nostrils flared as bile rose in her throat.

"Y/N I never meant to hurt you." Walid sounded determined to leave her in their new house.

"But you fucking did." The anger crept into their once warm bedroom.

She eyed his suitcases by the door. Walid wanted to explain himself but he couldn't. She wouldn't believe him anyway.

"I'll always love you, Y/N. Please don't come looking for me. I'm in a lot of trouble and I can't-"

Y/N cut him off, "Why can't you talk to me?"

"I'm sorry." His last words seemed to push her over the edge.

Y/N finally let the tears fall as he picked up his bags and headed downstairs to the front door. She held her stomach trying to contain her pain.

She rubbed her swollen eyes feeling sick. "Don't cry. Don't cry."

Moving to her dresser she opened the first drawer. The positive pregnancy test appeared in her hands.

"I didn't get to tell him." She whispered to the empty room.

The emptiness settled in her chest. Her nausea worsened and her heartache pressed against her body.

"No matter what happened I'm gonna take care of you baby. Just me and you against the world." Y/N cradled her stomach feeling a flutter.

6 YEARS LATER

Y/N watched as her daughter played in her backyard. She was dressed in a cute little purple summer set with bows in her curly hair.

"Mommy I'm thirsty!" The girl yelled from the treehouse.

Y/N pushed her shades above her head, "You want lemonade?"

"Yes please." The girls innocence made her heart flutter.

"Okay, I'll be right back."

Y/N entered her kitchen and closed the screen door behind her. Opening the fridge she hummed a sweet lullaby but frowned seeing the lemonade pitcher was gone.

"The fuck?" She scratched her head looking around for the cold pitcher.

She screamed noticing Walid sitting at the dining room table. The lemonade pitcher was in front of him.

He poured himself a glass and took a sip, "Hi, pretty girl. How are you?"

She clutched her chest as he eyed her from afar. Y/N could barely speak. Walid stood up appearing taller than her.

"I asked you a question." His voice was stern and commanding.

He invaded her space filling her nostrils with his cologne. She saw straight into his soul. He was different. A dark yet powerful aura had engulfed him. He wasn't the sweet Walid she once knew.

Y/N looked out the kitchen window. Her daughter continued playing oblivious to her mother's dismay.

"I'm fine." She muttered.

He chuckled lifting her chin. Walid took in her features. He missed her face, he missed her beauty.

"What are you doing here?" Y/N found her courage to speak.

Walid tilted his head to the backyard hearing his daughter's giggles, "You have something I want."

"You can't have, December." Her daughter's name rolled effortlessly off her tongue.

Walid sucked his teeth dragging his finger down her face, "My love, I ran the first time but now I'm a different man than I was before. You and December are mine regardless of what you say."

Her nostrils flared with anger, "Walid, just let me go. December and I want nothing to do with you. You left me remember?"

"Shh. Don't think I haven't been here. Present, no. But I was participating behind the scenes."

"The fuck are you talking about?" Y/N pushed his rock solid chest.

"I knew you were pregnant the day I left. You named her December because she was born December first. Who do you think paid for the hospital bill? Who do you think brought the house you sold? Who do you think made sure you were safe all these years?"

Y/N felt all of her emotions swirl at once, "Motherfucker..."

"I hate it when you use that language, Y/N. Now my daughter wants her drink. Go give it to her and come back so we can finish talking."

Authors Note:

Omg i think I'm back for good?

This was fun to write, vote and comment y'all I'm not playing

Ignore mistakes i wrote this on my phone