Chapter 3: Yuki

"Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them, humanity cannot survive"

-Dalai Lama

What was that idiot thinking?! He really got my hopes up, only to yank them away like that. I felt my cheeks burning as I ran down the street, desperate to get away from the scene. My emotions were a chaotic mess. I needed to talk to someone, so I pulled out my phone and quickly texted the one person I could always count on.

[I'm in trouble]

[What's wrong, my dear sister?]

[Don't be surprised well..]

[Gulp]

[I think I like Ayanokoji-kun]

[What? Aren't you a bro-con?]

[I didn't know I had such feelings]

[Kiyotaka is great and he's also one of my closest friends]

[What should I do?]

[Meet me after class]

[I'm not in school]

[Don't tell me you and Kiyotaka skipped school...]

[🤗]

[.......]

[What made you realize your feelings?]

[what a stupid question!]

How could I have developed feelings for someone I'd been teasing so relentlessly?

Why did I have to fall for Kiyotaka of all people? This is all your fault, Kiyobaka! How could you mess with me like that and make me feel this way? Now I'm stuck in this emotional mess and don't even know how to fix it.

*****

"I'm home,"

"Onii-chan!" I jumped off the couch and ran towards my brother, a smile plastered on my face

"Yuki, why did you skip school? That's not like you," he said, his tone a mix of concern and curiosity.

I giggled, trying to brush it off. "Well, I wanted to spend some time with Ayanokoji-kun."

His eyes narrowed, and he rubbed his chin thoughtfully. "Kiyotaka, huh."

"Hm?" I tilted my head, sensing his curiosity.

"Would you happen to know if he speaks any other languages?" he asked, his eyes studying my reaction.