CHAP 42

We were already at the bar waiting for our drinks. The people around us are getting hyped waiting for the band to come out while I scan the place looking for a certain brown-eyed girl.

"What did she whisper to you earlier?" Tzyu had to talk a little bit loud and leaned over to my ear for me to be able to hear her.

"What do you mean?" I played dumb.

She gave me a meaningful look and didn't bother to follow up on what she was asking, that stare was enough for me to know that she wasn't playing.

"She told me to change and cover myself." I yelled near her ear.

"The nerve!" Tzyu's eyes
squinted.

"I am so glad you didn't do what she said!"

"What were you talking about?"

Taehyung handed us our beer, yelling

We positioned a little bit far from the bar just to have a full view of the stage.

The band wasn't even here yet, but the music was blasting.

"Nothing!" I yelled a little bit in his
ear.

Soon enough, the stage dimmed the light indicating the band was about to come out. As the emcee announced their presence, the stage had its full lights along with the sounds coming from their instruments and it was joined by people screaming and jumping as the first song started.

"I thought I'd find you here." I was startled when someone snaked their arm in my waist and yelled close to my ear.

Tzyu and Taehyung did not notice the presence of Jennie on my side as their eyes were locked in the performance in front of us.

"I thought I told you to change, Lisa!" I could hear the menace from her voice as she squeezed my waist tighter.

I looked at her side just to see her glowering at me. She would stare at my eyes for a few seconds and then at my chest, though every time her eyes fell to my chest, her expression would change and she would seem to swallow a lump in her throat.

"I didn't want to change." I told her simply.

"Are you liking the attention you're getting?" She said mocking
me.

"Is this you telling me for the second time that I want attention from rich people? Mind you, Ms. Kim, I don't think there's a lot of rich guys in here."

"Will you quit calling me that?"

She scoffed but her eyes were still on my chest.

"Or maybe, you were just scared that it was your attention I was getting?" I yelled and gulped at my beer, not caring anymore about the people around me.

Her expression completely changed. Like she realized something but was not ready to admit it.

"I'm getting another bottle." I continued when she didn't respond and turned my back.

"Hi, lisa!"
"Lisa!"
"Hi, lisa!"

I heard people greeting me but couldn't pinpoint where it was all coming from as the light was dimmed and the place was really packed.