4. there's no point of us getting together

Hey Everyone!!

Here's the next chapter.

Enjoy reading

_____________________________________________

Aadriti's Pov

I worriedly paced around the hospital corridor, my eyes fixed on the red light beaming on the top of operation theatre. Tears brimmed near my eyes, threatening to slip. It had been an hour since Amma was admitted and doctors hadn't given a cue yet.

"Aadriti, sit for sometime dear" Prithvi bhai said caressing my head. I shook my head murmuring "I can't until Amma gets fine"

"She will be fine" He assured me but then asked "But you tell me what had happened and where's your brother"

I looked at him and through my side eyes, noticed Shubh too looking at us with the same question.

I sighed and said "I along with Gargi were packing Amma's stuff-"

Flashback

I was in Amma's room packing her essentials when Gargi entered after making Amma sit in the living room where few ladies of our locality had come to see her off.

"He hasn't come home for two days now" Gargi stated, her face etched with worry for Suraj.

"I don't care, he lives his own life with his own people and we are not in them" I replied, my voice bitter.

"He is your broth-" I cut her off in mid saying "He never became my brother and neither do I care about it anymore"

"So, you will take aunty from here without meeting him" She asked stopping me from packing.

I turned towards her and replied, folding my hand near my chest "He knows we are leaving today, if he wanted, he would have come"

"Aadr-" She stopped in mid hearing a loud sound from the living room as if something had fallen.

We looked at each other in fear and ran outside only to get devastated by the scene before us.

Amma was lying on the floor, fainted, her breathing shallow and deep. My body started shaking as I took her weak body in arms.

I patted her cheeks calling out her name "Amma....Amma...wake up.....Amma"

Gargi checked her nerves and her face changed from concern to fear...of something bad. She took out some injection and injected in her body.

"Amma....wake up.....you will be fine" I tried staying strong but honestly, I was breaking apart.

"What happened?" That's when I heard an unfamiliar yet familiar voice. I looked up and involuntarily, all the courage dried looking at a known face.

I sobbed uncontrollably wrapped in his arms and after Gargi informed about taking Amma to hospital, Shubh instantly picked her up and I followed him closely.

I, then noticed, the selfish crowd gathered around my house but none came to offer support let alone help.

Amma was lying almost lifelessly on the backseat of the car and it reminded me of my father's lifeless body, eight years back.

My body shook terribly and my hands trembled as I sat beside Amma taking her head in my lap. Suddenly, a warmth surged through my body when he took my hands in his and whispered "I am here. Everything will be fine"

His words, like an anti- panic medicine for me, calmed my frantic heartbeats filling me with a sense of hope and courage.

Present