7. Fleeting Conversation

Hey Everyone!!

Here's the next chapter.

Enjoy reading

_____________________________________________

Shubh's Pov

Silence enveloped the meeting room, but the air thick with tension could be felt easily. Two shrewd businessmen and renowned rivals were sitting opposite each other, staring into each other's souls but neither would flinch.

Prithvi Bhaisa, with his commanding presence, leaned back in his leather chair, his fingers steepled under his chin. Across from him, Adhikansh Chopra, sat rigidly, his dark eyes piercing as though they could read every thought in Bhaisa's mind, well he could as he was his-Never Mind.

For most people, this would be a terrifying situation-but for me, just an observer in the room, it was sheer entertainment and if there was one thing I was used to, it was the intricate dance of rivalries transposed on the playing field of business.

Vikrant, Bhaisa's PA, shuffled his papers, glancing at the clock on the wall. It was ten minutes past the hour, and the tension was palpable.

Although, Prithvi Bhaisa could easily take any action against him for stealing our company's project using one of our man but he wanted to know if something else was brewing in his mind.

"Mr. Chopra, I hope you know the reason of this meeting" Bhaisa asked Adhikansh Chopra leaning forward on his chair.

"Get straight to the point, Mr. Sisodia," Adhikansh replied, his voice steady yet mocking.

"Vikrant," Bhaisa signaled him to present the reports.

"Naveen Tanuja, Branch Manager of BevFresh, the beverage company of Sisodia's in Delhi, confessed that he was paid by your company to steal the new projects and sell them to you," Vikrant spoke, his voice professional.

"And you know," Bhaisa leaned back, exuding authority, his right leg crossed over his left, as if sitting on a throne "when Prithvijit Sisodia deals, no one lies."

Adhikansh smirked, his demeanor unruffled. "Well, it was already known that you would eventually find out, but..." He leaned forward, his brows drawing together as if sharing a dark secret, his voice low and conspiratorial. "Does it matter?"

I furrowed my eyebrows, sensing something wrong with his words. I looked at Bhaisa, who wore a carefully crafted stoic face. Still, I knew he must have understood the deeper implications.

Adhikansh stood up, adjusting his coat with an air of nonchalance. "Stop running your mind in these petty company issues and focus on something bigger... Who knows what will happen when?" With that, he strode out of the meeting room, chuckling softly as if he held the keys to a hidden door leading to chaos.

"Bhai, I don't sense something right," I said, aware that the tension had turned into something more sinister-a game far beyond company rivalries.

Bhai's eyes narrowed, and for a moment, he looked lost in thought. "It's a distraction," he finally said, leaning back, though his posture had shifted from relaxed to wary. "Adhikansh is a master of misdirection. He's leading us away from something larger brewing beneath the surface."

"But what?" Neil asked, his brows furrowed.

"Misdirection is a strategy often employed by clever players," Prithvi mused, his mind returning to the reports strewn across the table. "He attempts to divert our focus from a much larger game."

"Bhai, what are you thinking?" I asked, breaking the silence that had taken root in the room.

Bhai's fingers drummed rhythmically against his chin, and Vikrant shuffled his papers nervously, unsure whether to maintain an air of professionalism or display the anxiety that seemed to cling to everyone in the room.