9. Breaking her fast

Hey Everyone!!

First of all Thank You for 30K+ reads on Through the Gateway of love. This was unexpected for me in such short period and it made my heart flutter. Thank you so much guys.

Here's the next chapter and apologies for delay. I am stuck with my studies but i'll try to post next chapter soon and also ignore mistakes, i didn't get time to edit.

Enjoy reading

_____________________________________________

Author's Pov

The garden of Sisodia Palace shimmered under the evening twilight. The rich scents of marigold and jasmine floated through the air. Colourful decorations adorned every corner, the swing in the garden hung low, draped with threads of flowers and soft cushions inviting joyful moments.

Shubh, wearing a cream kurta, sat with Neil and Rakshit, Prithvi's best friend, indulging in the delicate flavors of Ghewar. The traditional Rajasthani sweet melted in his mouth.

"Isn't your brother joining this time too?" Rakshit asked as he reached for another piece of Ghewar.

"Did he ever join that he will join today?" Neil replied, half-joking, crumbs escaping as he spoke.

Shubh glanced up at Prithvi's balcony. "Maybe this time he will join... virtually atleast," Shubh mused, a flicker of hope in his voice.

"How do you believe that?" Rakshit challenged, his brow raised as he noticed the lights flickering in Prithvi's room.

"It's Avantika Bhabhi's fast," Neil interjected, suddenly remembering. "Omaya told me."

"OOOOOHHHHHHH!" the three friends exclaimed in unison, laughter ringing out as they connected the dots.

The jovial atmosphere shifted as Dadi sa's voice cut through, calling the family to gather for the puja. But before everyone could move, Gayatri called out, "Where's Aadriti?"

At that moment, Shubh's heart raced as his gaze found her. Aadriti entered the garden, wearing a stunning green anarkali suit paired with a delicate pink dupatta. Her braided hair complemented her grace, while oxidized earrings swayed gently with her steps. For a fleeting moment, Shubh was enchanted, but he quickly composed himself.

Behind her, Gargi followed, wheeling Aadriti's mother, who appeared vibrant despite the wheels that carried her.

"Aadriti is here now; let's start the puja," Dadi sa announced, and everyone took their places. As the rituals commenced, the atmosphere thickened with devotion and respect.

Just as the puja was about to start, Prithvi joined the family. After the puja, ladies gathered around the swing.

Aadriti gave some light pushes to Gayatri sitting on the swing while Yashoda video called Pritha who was in US for her university.

"I am missing everything," Pritha cried on the call, looking at everyone enjoying together.

Neil snatched the phone from Yashoda and showed tongue to Pritha saying "I am eating your favourite......HA HA HA!!"

"Neill Bhaii," Pritha cried when Neil showed him plated filled with ghewar.

Shubh smacked the back of Neil's head "Stop teasing her otherwise she will miss more," He said taking phone to himself.

"How are you and your studies?" He asked sitting back on the bench. As he continued talking, Aadriti looked at him, her mind making conversations inside to ask him what she had to ask.

"Take care Princess," Shubh disconnected call with Pritha and he saw Aadriti looking at him, intensely.

The ambiance transitioned into one of mutual anticipation as the ladies prepared to break their fasts with their husbands.