Interlude 2: The Space Station

A/N: I'm back from the dead! Just kidding, I'm actually back from vacation, which was pretty messy. Don't worry, I'm fine and I've got a bunch of chapters in tow, which I'm now uploading weekly. Probably every Wednesday (I'll try at least).
Also, quick question: During my vacation I fell back into an old fandom and wanted to ask you if you would be interested in a Nanbaka Story(if you know the anime/manga). My very first Wattpad story was a Nanbaka story, but in German. And now that I'm more experienced in writing/drawing I wanted to give this story a remake, if you would be interested.

And now have fun reading, while I'm exploring Natlan :) 

~Yuki POV~

I sat thinking on my little cloud in March's room and waited for us to arrive. Himeko and Mr. Yang decided to visit Herta's space station, whoever that was, before we went to Penacony. March and Stelle had mentioned the space station in passing, as Stelle was found there by March and Dan Heng, but after that it wasn't really a topic anymore. And from what Stelle had told me, this Herta seems to be interested in ''special'' people. Hopefully I didn't run into her.... ,,Yuki, come on, we've arrived!" March said excitedly and pulled me out of my thoughts. Since we had returned from the Luofu, I had become quite distracted. This dream, or whatever it was, and Kafka's words had given me no rest. Sighing, I got up and followed March. At least I had managed to thank Dan Heng when he had taken care of me. Although he had played it down and said it was normal to look after his comrades, I still owed him one.

I was amazed when we entered the space station. But I couldn't admire the huge supply zone for much longer as March immediately pulled me along. She told me about an experience at almost every turn. ,,And here, in front of the elevator, Himeko saved us when we helped Arlan.'' ,,Woah.... Wait, Himeko left the train?!'' ,,Of course, why wouldn't she?" March asked, confused. ,,I don't know... I've only ever met Himeko on the train so far, so I thought she just liked being there.'' March laughed and pulled me along again. We took the elevator up to the storage zone. March showed me a room full of curiosities. ,,Are you sure we're allowed to be here? Somehow it feels wrong to just walk in here like a tourist.'' ,,Don't worry about it. Miss Herta has given us permission. After all, we protected her space station from the Doomsday Beast,'' she explained proudly. ,,I see...''

I walked around a bit and looked at the various curiosities. There was some really weird stuff in the galaxy. Even the one pistol looked at me with a grim expression. But in the end I stopped in front of a broken red sword. I ran two fingers over the blade and felt a slight warmth emanate from it. Suddenly, several images flashed before my eyes. I also heard someone sobbing, someone yelling, and someone mourning... ,,Yuki, are you okay?'' March suddenly asked, snapping me out of my trance. ,,Yeah, it's all good. But maybe I should check on Stelle. You know how quickly she gets herself into trouble.'' March seemed to buy it. ,,Okay, and don't get dragged away by her.'' ,,I'll try, but I won't promise anything,'' I joked.

Rubbing my head, I made my way back to the supply zone. Why couldn't one stop be normal? These memories and emotions drove me crazy. I had already thought about talking to the others about it, but even to me all this sounded crazy. I really wonder who I actually am. What if I'm some crazy person or worse? I shook my head. These thoughts were getting me nowhere, I needed to calm down and find Stelle.