Snippets From Chapter 18 - First Trip Abroad

This time I decided to live as free as I want to be by surrounding myself with the people I love, meeting new people and exploring the world as much as I can before my life ends.

I didn't expect to meet Kira but somehow I decided to get into the car she was in on that resort trip. Being friends with her shows me a whole new side that I never expected I would see. Who would have thought I'll be stepping my foot in Luxembourg for her brother's wedding?!

The trip was tiring but it felt fulfilling. Traveling abroad with a friend seems different and it's a whole new experience. But of course I need to keep updating my family about what I do, what I eat and what I see. I know not telling Kira the truth makes me a bad friend but I don't want to burden her.

The amount of 'friends' I've lost when they knew about my condition hurts me deeply. I don't want to lose Kira. I know I'm being selfish but I am allowed to have at least a friend, right? I'm not lying to her- just I'm waiting for the right moment to tell her.

"Haruka? You look a bit pale there. Are you okay?" Kira seems genuinely worried. To be honest, I feel under the weather since I woke up this morning. The wedding yesterday was so much fun that I probably strained my body a little bit.

"I'm a little tired but I'm fine. Anyway, have you been to Luxembourg before?" Kira nodded.

"My brothers and I went to the university here. That's where my brother Niko met his wife." Oh wow- I wonder just how exciting Kira's life is.

When my father told me who Kira is, I was skeptical. I thought that my father was talking about a different Kira because of how kind and humble she is despite being born in such a wealthy family. But there is one thing I'm curious about though. I wonder if my question would make her feel uneasy.