Finding Out

"Hello Marjorie!", Mia smirked as she leant against the door frame. "Mia.", I sighed as I looked up from my monitor.
(A/N: I'm not bothered to write out the entire conversation so I'm skipping it)
"Oh please, you didn't think I was Rogers only spy did you?", Mia chuckled. Before I could even respond she walked out of the office, went to her car and drove away.

I didn't think anything of Mia's comment and continued my work. Whilst I was doing some admin, I had a message come through from Carly's assessor.
-
A: 'Hello Marjorie, I've been taking some notes on Carly and notice she spends a lot of time lurking around the office. She seems to try and listen in on the conversations happening in there, thought I'd make you aware.'
-
M: 'Thank you, I'll talk to her.'
-
After reading her message, something clicked in my head. Carly listens to everything in the office. Carly could be the spy! I quickly opened a blank document and aggressively typed out notes on Carly.
"Marjorie what the hell are you doing?" "Nothing, you said you keep tabs on everyone here right?" "Yes, why?" "Could you send me everything you have about Carly please?" "Ok, why?" "Um... her assessor wants it..?" After Autumn sent me her notes on Carly I copied everything down and saved it to my phone.

Eventually, the day was over. I locked up the nursery and walked outside with Carly. We waited for Reece to come and get us in silence. All of a sudden, Carly's phone rang. She read the name and quickly walked to the opposite end of the car park so I couldn't hear her conversations. I was watching her as she paced back and forth angrily and looked as if she was having an argument with the other person. After 5 minutes she removed the phone from her ear and slammed the hang up button, ending the call. She stormed back over and hunched against the fence. "Everything ok my love?" "I'm fine." Just then Reece pulled into the car park to collect us.

After we drove Carly home, we drove back to our house. "Ok, I'm going to make dinner, does chicken curry sound alright?" Reece asked as he walked into the kitchen. "I'd loved nothing more darling, I'm just going to go get changed" I said as I walked upstairs.

After I got changed and we finished dinner, I decided to ask Reece about Mia's comment from earlier. He was washing dishes and I learned on the counter beside him. "Darling, Mia made a comment this morning and it's stuck with me all day" I began. "What did she say?" He sighed, starting to get angry. "She said she 'Wasn't Rogers only spy', any idea what she means?" I asked him, trying to calm him down. "She's probably just riling you up Marjorie, I'd leave it" he advised. "Your probably right, you are about most things" I chuckled.