Chapter 5

Hiruzen walked forward.

"Before I tell you about the third test, there is something I would like you to know. It concerns the true reason for this exam. Why do we have all the alliance countries taking the exam together? To promote friendship among the Countries and To raise the level of shinobi are just some words that we use. But I don't want you to be confused about the True Meaning of this exam. It is a replacement for a War among Allied Countries."

That made sense to Naruto. If what he guessed was right, the final examination would take place before a wide array of people who have a lot of influence.

"If you go back in time, the current allies were enemies who fought each other over who would rule. In order to prevent wasteful fighting, the stage that these countries chose for battle is this. That is the origin of this Chunin Exam."

Hiruzen waited for a few seconds to let everyone take in what he had said before continuing.

"It is a fact that this exam decides which shinobi have what it takes to become Chunin. But on the other hand, this exam has another side where each country's shinobis risk their own life to protect their land's prestige."

This confirmed what Naruto had thought.

"Watching this Third Exam will be leaders and influential individuals from many countries who make up the clients of the shinobi. And the leaders of the countries will also be there to watch each of your battles. If the strength of a country is clear, that country will receive more clients. And conversely, if seen as weak, they will lose clients."

Hiruzen took a puff of his pipe.

"And this will signal potential enemy countries that our village has this much power. So it will send a political message to the outsiders. The strength of the country is the strength of the Village. The strength of the village is the strength of the shinobi. And a shinobi's true strength is born only through life-risking battle."

Hiruzen looked at all of his Genins.

"Before we begin the third test, I will tell you one more thing. This is not just a test. This is a life risking battle with your dreams and your country's prestige on the line."

A man appeared beside Hiruzen as he walked back. Naruto could tell that the man was super sick.

"From here on, I am the referee. Hello everyone. I am Hayate. Before the third test there will be a preliminary for the third test to decide who gets to participate in the main event. Because the first and second test may have been too easy this year, we have a bit too many people remaining. So we will have a Preliminary to reduce the number. And those who are not feeling well can leave."

Naruto looked around and he did not see Kabuto and his team but the team from Oto had also made it.

"Now it will be a one on one. The fight continues until one of you dies or is knocked out or admits your defeat. And the Matchups will be determined by the Electric Scoreboard. Let's start by announcing the 2 names for the first fight."

The board showed two names.

Hyuuga Hinata VS Yamanaka Ino.

Ino laughed wildly. But Asuma was scared. Hinata was a Hyuuga after all.

"Hahaha.I am so lucky. I can definitely beat her."

Hinata was not worried though.

"Now the two participants come front and the rest go up."

Ino was still smiling.

"It's like I have already won. I feel bad for you so I will end you with one punch."