17

Downstairs, Jensen was in the kitchen, making a pot of coffee. He heard footsteps and turned to see Delilah standing at the kitchen doorway, looking pale and disheveled. "Morning," Jensen said quietly, his eyes scanning her. "You didn't sleep well, did you?" Delilah shook her head, taking a seat at the kitchen table. "No," she replied, her voice soft and defeated. "I can't turn my brain off. All I can think about is Chris." Jensen nodded, his eyes sad as he placed a mug of steaming coffee in front of Delilah. "It's going to take time," he said gently, sitting down opposite of her. "You're going through a lot right now. But we're here for you, okay? You're not alone. I need my side kick back. I can't be Dean without Avery,"

Delilah gave a weak smile at his attempt at humor. The Supernatural reference brought back memories of countless nights binge-watching episodes together, laughing and crying with the characters they both loved. "Yeah," she murmured, bringing the coffee mug to her lips. "I guess I'm your Sammy." Jensen chuckled, running a hand through his messy hair. "Don't tell Jared that." He laughed a bit. "You always were more level-headed than me," he teased, his smile fading as he added, "I know this whole situation freaking sucks, but you're strong. You're going to get through this."

"I don't feel strong," Delilah admitted, looking down at the cup in her hands. Her hands shook slightly, betraying the façade of calm she tried to maintain. "I feel like I'm falling apart. And the scariest part is... a part of me misses him. Even after everything he's done, I still... love him."Jensen leaned back in his chair, his expression a mixture of understanding and sorrow. "I know you do," he said softly. "Love's a complicated, messy thing. It doesn't always make sense or follow the rules. You can't just turn it off, even when you know you probably should."

Delilah nodded, her eyes stinging with unshed tears. "I know. It's just so hard. Loving him and hating him all at the same time. I want to hate him, Jen. I really do. But I don't think I can."Jensen reached across the table and placed his hand over hers, giving it a comforting squeeze. "You don't have to hate him," he said softly. "You just need time. To heal, to process, to figure out what you want. And that's okay."Delilah squeezed his hand back, grateful for his support. She closed her eyes, trying to steady her breathing, to fight back the tears. "I just wish it didn't hurt so much," she whispered. "It'll get easier," Jensen promised, his voice firm. "It might not feel like it now, but it will. And until then, you've got me. I'm not going anywhere." Delilah's lips curved up into a small, weak smile, the corners of her mouth trembled slightly. She knew he meant his words, that he would be there for her no matter what. And that knowledge made the pain a little less sharp, the fear a little less overpowering.

"Plus I think your sister will go all Deadpool on his ass." He joked before getting serious. "She's scary.."Delilah chuckled softly at the joke, the sound a bit hollow but genuine. "Yeah," she agreed. "Lily can be pretty intimidating when she wants to be. She's always been fiercely protective of us." "Well, if he even tries to show up here, she'll tear him apart," Jensen said, his tone light but with a hint of seriousness. "She's already threatened to do worse than that if he hurts you again." "I have no doubt she will," Delilah said, the image of her petite but fierce sister going up against Chris bringing a small smile to her lips. "Which is both terrifying and... comforting, in a way."

"See?". Jensen grinned, trying to lighten the mood. "You've got a mini-me of Chuck Norris in your corner. What more could you want?"Delilah chuckled properly this time, the mention of Chuck Norris breaking through the wall of sadness that had been surrounding her. "I wouldn't go that far," she replied, shaking her head as she took a sip of her coffee. "Lily's badass, but not *that* badass."

"Hey, she kicked the football team's captain in the nuts when he called you fat in high school," Jensen pointed out, leaning back in his chair, arms crossed over his chest. "She's definitely that badass.""Okay, yeah, you've got a point there," Delilah conceded, a fond smile on her face as the memory surfaced. "I forgot about that."At Lily's entrance, Delilah turned in her chair and leaned into her sister's embrace, wrapping her arm around her. "I bet you would. You've always been my resident badass."Lily grinned, ruffling Delilah's hair affectionately. "That's what siblings are for, right?" she teased, planting a kiss on top of Delilah's head.