The Ultimate Lifeform

7/7/24-7/31/24

At Prison Island, several metal doors were closing shut throughout the base while an alarm blared loudly

"Intruder alert! Intruder alert! Security breach at Gate 3! Intruder has been located in the north quadrant, and is moving in the direction of the underground base. All units prepare to engage: basic emergency battle formations. Standard battle formations initiated. Locate and stop intruder from reaching the security area. This is not a drill. Repeat; this is not a drill." speakers said.

Eggman dropped down in front of the doors from above and started firing his weapons at them.

"Hahahahaha! That was all too easy. Now, let's take a look at what my grandfather was working on; a top-secret military weapon. The military shut down the research because they feared it!" he said then jumped down a shaft.

After clearing Iron Gate an access panel at the Level 7 security door lit up and the door opened. Eggman stepped through, then walked to a terminal with a small holograph of Shadow on it.

"Oh-ho! So this is the military's top-secret weapon. It's a lot smaller than I expected. Hmm, "enter user data"... ah, enter password. Password is: 'MA-RI-A'. Maria! Now all I have to do is to place the Chaos Emerald into this console." Eggman said and put the Emerald in it, and jumped past it, down to a lower level.

Then a large mechanical pillar raised up.

"Oh-ho!" he said as Sonic raised out of the top of the pillar, and gazed down at him. "What's that? Is that you, Shadow?! Are you trying to spoil my plans again?! Wait a minute... you're not Shadow! This is impossible!"

"My name is Sonic. Since you were so kind to release me, my master... I will grant you one wish." Sonic said.

Then an alarm started blaring.

"Now what?!" Eggman asked and Sonic levitated off of the pillar using his Air Shoes.

"Behold the true power I possess." she said and flew straight upward.

After she defeated B-3x.

"Destroying that guard robot was spectacular! So Sonic, YOU are the military's top-secret weapon. But what did you mean when you said you would grant me a wish?" Eggman said.

"Bring more Chaos Emeralds." Sonic said and started walking.

"Sonic, wait!"

"I'll be waiting for you, in the central control room, on the Space Colony ARK."

"ARK?!" Eggman said and hit his machine out of surprise.

Then Sonic walked away.

In the desert, Knuckles and Rouge were arguing by the Master Emerald.

"Just... let it go! You just don't know when to give up, do you?" Rouge said.

"What're you talkin' about, that Emerald's mine! You got that? The Master Emerald contains special powers that neutralize the energy of the Chaos Emeralds; that makes it very powerful - What the?!" Knuckles said when Eggman flew down and used a crane attached under his machine to grab the Master Emerald, and pulled it up.