What did he do?

"Shadow? This is Rouge

"Shadow? This is Rouge. Do you copy?" Rouge said.

"Yo, I сорy." Shadow said and kicked a Zombot away.

"Are you busy?"

"Just wrapping up some personal business what's up?"

"I just got intel that Eggman is En route to Sunset City." she said. "Sonic and Omega are already heading there to intercept, but..."

"You wouldn't mind some extra help. Got it! See you there!"

'I heard Eggman try to turn the village against me. If he converts another city, that'll be even more Zombots he can't control.' he thought and kicked more Zombots. 'This'll go from bad, to worse, to nightmare overnight! I better push it and get there as fast as I can...'

"...I am not losing another friend to this!" he said and ran.

Soon Shadow was at Sunset City and just knocked down Zombots.

"Anybody out there?! I can't help if I don't know you're there!" he said and kept knocking down Zombots. "It's bad enough fighting these zombots makes the infection spread faster." he said and looked at his hands. "I don't need to get grabbed by them, too!"

"Shadow! Up here!" someone said and he looked up to see people in a building. "They've blocked the door! We can't get out!"

"Get ready to run! I'll clear them out!" he said and got ready to run through Zombots but was hit by something. "Yow!"

"Hostiles are resilient. Heavier ordinance may be required. All Eggman robots must be eliminated." Omega said.

"Whoa! Hold it, Omega! These aren't your usual mass-produced Badniks!" Shadow said stopping him. "These are innocent people transformed by the Metal Virus! They shouldn't be on your revenge list!"

"Is this a robot?" Omega asked holding up a Zombot.

"Well, I mean, it seems like it..."

"Was it created by Eggman?"

"Technically, but—"

"Destroy all Eggman robots! Nature and origin are irrelevant!" he said and shot at a Zombot.

"...Well, at least they seem too hardy for him to really damage..." Shadow muttered.

"Hey Black!" Rouge said.

"Rouge!"

"Send everyone to The Grand Gold Flick Hotel! We're organizing survivors there!"

"Got it!" he said and started to file people out. "Step lively, folks! Head for the big hotel at the end of the block!"

"Do we have time to thank that robot for saving us?" someone asked.

"Exterminate! Exterminate!" Omega said.