★ Chapter 2

KADEN'S POV

"Hey Eady," 

I said as I walked in. Kile and Eikko was there too. They both were reading papers and chatting. 

"Finally Kaden! I've been waiting for ages!" Eadlyn exclaimed, setting her book on her desk. "Where were you?" 

I froze at the question, my eyes darting to Kile. I honestly didn't want to tell Eadlyn that I've been with Josie or she'll bury me with questions like "Are you and Josie dating?" I just wished Kile wasn't there so I could lie. I felt like walking up to him and giving him a full slap on the face. 

"Uhm no where, just hanging out." I shrugged before Kile called out, "He was talking with Josie!" Like I guessed, Eadlyn gasped and shook my shoulders, clearly wanting to know if me and Josie are dating. "Did you kiss her?" Eadlyn suddenly asked. I shook my head quickly. "H-how...we're just friends!" Eadlyn leaned into me, her mouth near my ear and whispered in a mockingly tone. "Yeah just friends."

I stomped my foot before crossing my arms and huffing. "I wanted to tell you that me and Eikko decided to rest and give up the crown..." Eadlyn said, before reaching her hands up to cover her ears, knowing what I was about to do. 

I was livid. "WHAT?" I shrieked furiously, my anger taking up my mind. "I'M TOO YOUNG! I'M EIGHTEEN!" Eadlyn rolled her eyes. "I was the same age, idiot, so was dad." Then I thought of Josie. Yeah I like her...which was pretty obvious. I wanted to scream at Eadlyn, to tell her I loved Josie and didn't want to date thirty five girls when I liked only one. I ran my fingers through my hair, trying to let the anger out. "I-is Josie entering?" I suddenly blurted without thought. Eadlyn laughed. "I knew it! I knew it! You like her!" I sighed. "Yes yes yes, I do. Is she entering?" Eadlyn shrugged. "I'll make her enter, only if you'll have the selection." Knowing what kind of person Eadlyn was, I took my hand out, and she shook it. We had a deal.

While Eikko was printing out applications, I saw Kile swipe one from the stack and shove it in his pocket. "What are you doing?" I asked, taking a step in front of him. Kile shrugged, his hands behind his back. "Taking it to your girlfriend of course." He winked at me before walking out. Part of me wanted to stop him but the other part knew to let him go.

I sighed. I have to be the next king of Illéa. And I didn't have a choice.