Do You Like Her?

A few weeks had passed, and Jeanette was loving all of her new clothes. She wore a few only to work, for they were low cut and hid her bump. Jeanette was getting breakfast together for Jonathan and herself when she heard a knock at the door. Jeanette answered the door, and Danior was standing on the doorstep. "Hey, neighbor." Jeanette was confused by Danior's approach. She asked, "What do you want?" Danior claimed that he wanted to talk to Jonathan. "Jonathan is still asleep." Jeanette said as she started to close the door. Danior put his foot in the door, keeping it from closing. Danior said, "Please, listen. I'm really sorry for everything. If I could take everything back, I would." Jeanette opened the door, letting Danior into the house. Danior sat on the couch, waiting for Jonathan to wake up. He saw Jeanette walking around the house and couldn't help but notice her baby bump. Danior asked, "Do you think you're having a boy or a girl?" When Jeanette went to answer, Jonathan walked into the living room. Jonathan asked Jeanette, "What is he doing here?" Jeanette said, "It's alright. He apologized." Jonathan sat next to Danior, wondering why he was there. Danior explained that he wanted to work at the bar again but wasn't sure if Jonathan would have him back. Jonathan agreed to let Danior back into the bar.

      When everyone was getting ready to leave for work, Jeanette heard a knock at the door. Jeanette answered the door, seeing Claudia. Claudia asked Jeanette if she could watch Christopher for a while, for she needed to cover a shift at work. Jeanette agreed but explained that he would have to go to work with her. Claudia thanked Jeanette, then left. Jonathan, Danior, Jeanette, and Christopher all rode together to the bar. Jonathan asked Christopher, "So, Christopher, what does your mom do for a living?" Christopher answered, "My mommy dresses up real pretty, and men pay her because of how pretty she is." Jonathan stayed quiet. As for Danior and Jeanette, they both tried not to laugh. Jeanette noticed Christopher's book, so she asked, "Which sea creature are you reading about today?" Christopher showed Jeanette the book, explaining, "This is about the Loch Ness Monster. It says right here that The Loch Ness Monster is a mythical creature in Scottish folklore that is said to inhabit Loch Ness in the Scottish Highlands. It is often described as large, long-necked, and with one or more humps protruding from the water." Jeanette smiled as Christopher told her all about the Loch Ness Monster. Danior tried to ignore Christopher, but then Jonathan decided to amuse the child. "Have you ever seen the Loch Ness Monster?" Jonathan asked Christopher. Christopher explained how he barely started searching. Jonathan then made up a story on how to catch the Loch Ness Monster. Jeanette thought it was cute watching Jonathan entertain Christopher. When they got to the bar, Jeanette told Christopher that he could go in but needed to stay at one of the tables. Christopher wanted to go adventuring, but Jeanette couldn't let him. "How about on my break, we go look for whatever you want in the area?" Jeanette offered. Christopher was excited and sat quietly at the table, reading his book.
      After a few hours, Jeanette decided to take her break. Jeanette kept her promise to Christopher and took him for a walk around the area. Christopher noticed Jeanette was walking differently from normal. Jeanette said, "Oh, I just messed up my hip." Christopher then asked, "Is that also why you put on weight?" Jeanette stopped walking and turned to look at Christopher with shock, then said, "Alright, you caught me." Christopher wondered what was wrong with Jeanette. Jeanette told Christopher, "I'm going to have a baby, but no one knows yet. So, I have to keep it a secret." Christopher and Jeanette continued their walk. Christopher asked, "Is Jonathan your boyfriend?" Jeanette replied, "Alright, I think it's time to head back to the bar." Christopher and Jeanette walked back to the bar, and Jeanette went back to work.

      Danior asked Jonathan, "Do you like her?" Jonathan was confused by Danior's question, so Danior's asked again, "Do you like her?" Jonathan did not answer. Danior knew his cousin's secret but decided not to pester him about it any longer. Danior noticed Jonathan's face light up when Jeanette returned to the bar. Jonathan tried finding something to talk to Jeanette about, but unfortunately, he couldn't find anything to say.