Chapter-7: The Caring Ice Dragon

It was certain that Elion was targeted by someone, by the two incidents that happened to him simultaneously.

Anyone would scratch it off thinking they weren't connected but Anteros was smarter than that.

He witnessed both and supposed that the man from the lion clan must be the one to send people to kidnap Elion as he failed last time due to his interference but there was also a one percent chance that someone else did it.

>>>But, why are snake and bear clans in cahoots with the lion clan?

>>>Tribes of primary predators never got along with each other... so, how?

Anteros found it weird cause though the lion's clan was the strongest among primary predators of the land due to their pride they never worked with other tribes.

He mentally made a note to investigate it further when he returned to get to the bottom of it.

Elion's cries quieted down to sniffs and that was when his senses started working and it hit him like a truck that he was hugging his soon-to-be husband like a koala.

His pale skin burned with the heat of embarrassment and turned into the shade of cranberries.

The little Mainecoon wanted to break the hug however he was too abashed at the moment and the feeling of the two strong arms caressing his head and his back gently at the same time awkwardly made his heart pump the blood even more rigorously.

On the other hand, Anteros was too immersed in his thoughts and was robotically patting the smaller in his arms but when he heard the sniffs, he felt the warmth emanating from the little Mainecoon's body.

He paused for a second and looked down. Anteros's lips curved upwards slightly seeing Elion's blood-red tips of ears and nape.

He wasn't a fool not to understand those signs. A dark glimmer flashed through his eyes for a second seeing the delicate red nape of Elion, the gentle caressing turned sensual as he brushed the nape with his fingertips.

Elion shrunk in his palms feeling tingly. The curved lips of Anteros raised a few more degrees at that reaction.

Before the thought of teasing the smaller more came into action,

"Snake and bear clan people? Why are they after Elie?" Evander's questions brought Anteros back to his senses.

The Ice-dragon shooed his thoughts away immediately and broke the hug lightly, 

"Are you... okay?" Anteros asked as he wiped off the remaining tears on the smaller's face.

The little Mainecoon nodded his head slightly and became bashful. He stepped back a little.

Evius instantly grabbed his younger brother's wrist and pulled him towards him.

"Elie, tell me what exactly happened?" Evius's voice was grim.

The fact that someone tried to abduct his younger brother was so disturbing and at that, Elion was the rarest Mainecoon in the clan, and the cats' tribe for some reason always protected him.

As an outsider he couldn't openly ask about the secrets of the cat's clan so, he thought it was suspicious and could get dangerous for Elion.

Evius didn't know Vulwin, the lion who tried to molest his younger brother the day before yesterday. If he knew the whole lion clan would have faced grievous consequences.

He was from the whale-shark clan, one of the largest and most powerful Apex Predators of vast waters and no one from the tribes of sea dared to go against them.