Chapter-9: Parents Worries & Love VS Their Responsibilities

Hearing that Evius rolled his eyes and kept quiet because his parents were present and he didn't want to insult the Prince in front of them. It would only make them scold him in turn.

"Good Afternoon, Mr. Grimalkin. It's such a nice sunny day and you look as beautiful as ever, Mrs. Grimalkin," Anteros greeted placing a kiss on the back of Nymeria's hand.

"Oh, you flatter me, Your Highness,"  Nymeria Grimalkin smiled politely.

Anteros's eyes wandered the hall which was noticed by Mr. Grimalkin, "Elie is in his room getting ready. Your Highness, please take a seat."

"Oh, okay," Anteros sat down and saw Evius giving him glares, he returned them with fake smiles to poke fun.

"Right, Your Highness, do you like to drink something?" Mrs. Grimalkin offered.

"No, thank you, Mrs. Grimalkin," Anteros courteously declined.

"Um, so I heard you took a leave for a month," Mr. Grimalkin started the conversation to break the ice.

"That's right. My father insisted that I must take it or else he will tell on me to my mother and you all know what she is like, she will hang me upside down," Anteros shook his head with a little smile on his lips that didn't reach his eyes to lighten the mood.

"What's there to be so afraid of, Prince Anteros? Are you guilty of doing so many misdemeanors?" Evius asked with a mocking smile playing on his lips.

"Of course, who doesn't Mr. Rhincodark? I am not that perfect of man. I did drink till late at night and partied with friends when I was a teen. I was a little mischievous when I was at University. My father did cover up for me, which is why I am in one piece."

Mr. and Mrs. Grimalkin were a little taken aback hearing such an honest answer from the Ice dragon.

Before Evius could reply to that, "Also, I heard Mr. Rhincodark, you were playful too and had a heartbreak, that's why you aren't in any relationship till now, am I wrong?" Anteros had a smug look on his face.

Evius's eyes blazed, his apex predator aura was about to unleash when Nymeria interfered, "Who doesn't have a first love? Evius is a sensitive one since he was a child so he takes everything to heart, Your Highness don't you have a first love too?"

"I have to disappoint you Mrs. Grimalkin. Though I was a mischievous teenager, I never had my first love. I don't know what it feels like to love someone," Anteros half-lied, his face turning a little grim at the mention of first love.

"That's good then you can start loving my son after your marriage. He is such an adorable boy. No one in the entire Aeonia empire has the stone heart to not fall in love with him," Mrs. Nymeria proudly announced.

"I agree. He is just too cute," Anteros spoke his mind without realizing it, recalling last night's incident.

"Oh," Evius raised his right brow hearing such a reply from the Ice dragon.

"Speak of the devil, Elie is here," Mr. Grimalkin voiced out seeing his son walking downstairs all nervous along with his friend.

Anteros turned back to see the little Mainecoon and he... forgot to breathe.

Elion was wearing a pastel pink long-sleeved fluffy sweater with detailed feather accents embellished with tiny sparkles combined with light blue jeans and white sneakers.

The little Mainecoon styled his golden silver wolf cut hair with his bangs down, he had light eye makeup on, and his thick plump naturally red lips were looking...

>>>Too succulent

Anteros mentally face-slapped himself and looked away. Elion spotted the Ice dragon staring at him and pouted seeing him turn his head away in an instant.