Chapter 12

We stood before the cast and crew one night during intermission, grabbing each other's hands for support. "So, we have a quick announcement," Lin began.

"A happy one!" I added, clarifying.

Jonathan Groff gasped, letting a hand dramatically fly towards his chest to cover his heart in mock-shock. "Are you two pregnant??" he asked.

"Pregnant?" Lin stuttered, not believing what he was hearing. "How could we be pregnant?"

"Well, I mean, you two have been dating for awhile," Ariana DeBose mentioned from the back of the crowd.

Lin and I shared a glance. "You guys knew?" I questioned.

Now it was the cast's turn to exchange looks. They were acting like we must have been crazy. "It was pretty obvious," Carleigh Bettiol smiled.

"Well, that's what we wanted to tell you guys tonight. But it seems you already knew," Lin couldn't hide the knowing smile that crept on his face.

"So can we expect any Lippa babies soon?" Groff asked, clearly not giving up on the pregnancy thing.

I gazed at Lin, squeezing his hand in mine. "Not yet," I said, but with a tone that suggested there was that possibility in the future. Lin and I had only just started dating, but he felt like my home, and he felt like forever. The hope of our future is what comforted me on sleepless nights. I let him know it by planting a small kiss on his cheek, earning cheers from the cast.

Soon, intermission was over and we took our places. I glanced across the wings and caught Lin's eye. His gaze at me let me know that he loved me and believed in me. And when the curtains rose, I was confident in that knowledge.

A/N: So they're official (in the past at least!) Sorry for the short chapter but things are about to turn south... I love you guys! Xoxo.