17: Disorder

I'm officially 9 chapters left from completing Season 1. WOOOOOO

-

The day after the events of yesterday, you walk into Megan's room. She's sitting in pure darkness, but you  flip the light switch upwards, turning the light on.

Y/N: Megan?

Megan looks to you, she floats over to you and holds you. And for the sake of hopefully finding comfort, she kisses you. You kiss her back.

Y/N: I'm here for you. I always will be.

Megan looks into your eyes.

Megan: Thank you... I love you.

Y/N: I love you too.

Mount Justice; October 23rd, 17:21 EDT

Despite your reassurance, M'gann is still affected by the simulation. She stirs her bowl of mix silently, while Kaldur leans against the counter behind her, Wally slumps at one of the chairs, Artemis leans against the back of one of the chairs, and Robin sits on the couch with you, Tony, Izinaki, Serys, Tony, and Laura. All of them silent and stuck inside their own heads. 

In the Training Room, Perela, Red Tornado, Martian Manhunter, and Captain Marvel watch over the teens worriedly on the screens.

They all turn an ear as they hear the Zeta Tube activate.

Computer: Recognize: Batman; 0-2.

Batman comes through.

Batman: How are they? 

J'onn: I am still shaken by what you and I have wrought. One can only imagine what these youths fair. 

Manhunter gestures to the HoloScreens that they're watching the Team on.

Batman: I know our virtual reality training simulation went badly, but I'd hoped the Team would've rallied by now.

Manhunter looks surprised, while Captain Marvel looks annoyed with Batman. 

J'onn: Trauma tends to linger, as I know you know, my friends.

Perela: We know that very well. In more ways than one, J'onn. I've been talking with Y/N, the training simulation mentally brought him back to Order 66 briefly as a result. He knew it would be heavy, but not that heavy.

J'onn: Y/N has a strong soul. With the addition of his new power ring, the burden of keeping himself in order has increased.

Perela: I'll make sure he's alright, don't worry.

Batman looks to J'onn. 

Batman: And Black Canary?

J'onn: She has her work cut out for her.

Black Canary sits in one green chair across from Conner in his own green chair, she keeps her gaze on him while he looks down at his feet.

Black Canary: I can only imagine how devastating it was losing your friends, in essence, your family convinced all the time it was completely real. 

She says, her voice wavering a little as she calls the Team his family, but what is noticeable is that Conner's hands clench into fists when she reminds him that he only thought it was real. 

Black Canary: I'm sure it must have been horrible for you. 

She waits a moment, seeing if he'll respond. 

Black Canary: I understand. You're Superboy. You're not supposed to have feelings of sadness or vulnerability.

Conner stands up immediately, hands clenched at his sides as he looks down at her.