♧ Chapter 2 : Wrong blossoms

♤AKITO POV♤

I started sweeping up some fallen petals and leafs in my store, I cant get my mind off of Toya's timidness
(is that a word?)

It bothered me how hesitant he was..

It was...strange to me.

Suddenly I stopped sweeping to the sound of my phone ringtone.

I picked it up and looked at the number, it said unknown but it could be Toya so I picked up

I was right! It was Toya!

"Hello? Akito speaking"

"Hello...? Its Toya..."

When he speaks it's like hes whispering as if hes hiding from someone or something...I mean it is night time so it would be weird to talk louder at night, especially if hes at home now with his father who may be asleep.

"So...are you up for the hangout? Next week maybe?"

"Ah...about that..I can't...I'm fully booked... that week...I have piano lessons"

"Oh you have piano lessons? Maybe we could go after them?"

"My lessons go on the entire day...I'm sorry Akito...maybe some other time...but...let's keep in touch...? Please.."

"Yeah...yeah of course..let's keep in touch..and that's alright you cant make it! Maybe sometime else!"

And with that he hung up...

Wow lessons for an entire week, every day for the entire day and night...that's hard.

How can he live like that..? I'm sure he takes breaks...

Right?

_______________________________________

◇TOYA POV◇

I hung up the call and burried my head into my pillow I was tired...very tired...

I wanted to see him...I really did but father would never allow me to go.

I felt my eyes going heavy as I somehow managed to fall asleep that night

It was uncomfortable but also felt nice to finally fall asleep by not crying.

The Next Day

I usually wake up at around 8AM however today I woke up at 6...

Maybe I have time...would he be awake...?

I didnt second guess and started getting changed, a black shirt, sweater and cargo pants...

I put on the hood and went out the door, I have to be back my at least 7:45 so I have to make it quick.

I started walking fast as I found the same shop, before it took me 25 minutes, with running/speed walking only took 15 minutes

I peaked through the glass windows and saw him sorting his flowers again, he seemed to be rather lost in his own world since his eyes were closed and he was moving around everywhere while spinning and watering his plants...he was probably spilling water everywhere...
How has he not fallen yet-

And right as I said that he slipped and fell on his back, I mean he would've fallen sooner or later.

I watched as he got up and held his head annoyed as he picked up his watering can.

By now he noticed me at the door and waved until he realized I was there the entire time them got flustered and embarrassed.

Nevertheless he still opened the door for me and welcomed me in with a warm environment

"Hey toya! Whatcha doing here so early? Dont you have classes" he asked me as he started moping the soaked floor

"U-uh...yeah I do...but that's later so I thought maybe I could drop by..." I said in a soft voice

"That's sweet! But maybe you shoulve come by when your classes are done haha! But tabts still so sweet of you man!!" Akito said with a bright smile

"Uh...about that, I usually dont go out after lessons...since you know how much energy classes take all day..!" I made up that excuse on the spot

"Oh I understand, that's fair though. I'm always available cause I have my friend helping me with my studies while I run the shop!"

"Oh! That's really sweet." I said with a small smile, that was until the moment was interrupted by both our stomachs growling and yearning for food

"Oh? I guess were both hungry, come to the back! I'll make you something. Or well, US something haha!"

I followed him to the back and took a seat where the pointed, he handed me a cup of tea. I took a sip and surprisingly it wasnt to sweet but also wasnt to bitter, it was just right.

I glanced at him as he started cooking, he was so...kind

Especially to someone like him...how did I ever find such a person...no...

A friend so like him...I don't deserve him at all...

He was done cooking after roughly 30 minutes and placed food down in front if me and the seat he sat in which was right beside me on my left side.

"Its a quick Takoyaki, I hope you like that" He said was he handed me chopsticks

I nodded as I started eating, I have never had takoyaki before but...it was really good..!

I dont know how much time has passed but we were just chatting, he was telling me about his shop and how he found his interest in flowers!

But...I guess the saying "Perfect things dont last long" was true...
Because our conversation was interrupted by my phone ringing

I pulled our my phone not only noticing the time...

8:30AM...

But also the number calling me...

My father.