Shadow you idiot!

A year later Sonic was back at Station Square with Towers when Rouge and Omega came in.

"You're back!" Rouge said and gave her a hug.

"Hey Rouge." Sonic said and hugged her back.

"Yes. Agent Sonic is back and I have a mission for both her and agent Rouge." Towers said and they looked at him.

"What is it sir?" Rouge asked.

"Eggman is on the move again and I heard he was after something called the Paradox Prism. I need you two to follow Team Shadow and see if you can do anything about it."

"Yes sir." Rouge and Sonic said and he nodded.

"Good." he said. "They're at Green Hill right now." he said so they nodded and left.

At Green Hill Tails was flying the Tornado through the area while Shadow was fighting the Eggcrusher on a cliff and several Buzz Bombers flew past when Team Dark appeared from Sonic Chaos Controlling them and watched.

"You try and join Team Shadow, I'll get looking for a Chaos Emerald." Sonic said and Rouge nodded.

"Good luck." Rouge said.

"You to." Sonic said and they got to work.

"Come on, Egghead, show me what you got!" Shadow said and Eggman chuckled.

"That's the spirit, rodent... the spirit of a loser!" Eggman said and the Eggcrusher raised its first, and brought it crashing down but Shadow dodged.

"Takes one to know one. Ha!" Shadow said, dodged another strike and attacked the mech with a spin.

Meanwhile Amy and Knuckles were fighting Burrobots at the foot of the cliff.

"Why do I feel like Eggman's keeping us off the main stage?" Amy asked.

"Eggman's got us fighting the Badniks so he can have Shadow all to himself." Knuckles said.

"Let's go crash his show!" she said and they jumped up terrain leading to the cliff, and destroyed the Burrobots there.

Shadow laughed and dodged another strike, landing on the fist, which was stuck in the mountainside.

"One scrambled egg, coming up." he said, performed a Spin Attack, knocking the Eggcrusher backwards, and leaving it teetering on the edge of the cliff.

Eggman screamed and groaned.

Meanwhile Tails watched the situation from the air, in the Tornado.

"Hmm. I don't like this. Dr. Eggman's too smart not to realize how terribly positioned he is." Tails said and brought up a handheld device, showing a scan of the mech's outline and made a beeping noise. "It's almost like he's..." he said and gasped. "...He's not in there."

"Quaking in your tiny shoes at the might of my Eggcrusher? It's understandable. I'm rather astounding." Eggman said to Shadow.

"In your dreams! You bring it, I break it, Eggman. That's the game," Shadow said and performed a short dance. "and I'm still the undefeated numero uno."

"Then put your quills where your mouth is, unless you're scared!" Eggman said angrily and the Eggcrusher moved its fingers in mock fear.

Tails gasped, quickly flew the Tornado in and fired several blasts at the Eggcrusher, before swooping away again.

Then Eggman grunted.

"It's a trap, Shadow! It's a trap!" Tails yelled and Shadow glanced around.

"I don't see a trap, though I guess by definition I wouldn't see a trap if there was one." Shadow said and Eggman laughed maniacally. "Something funny, egghead?"