Nine is the new enemy

At Nine's Lair in The Grim.

"The only person I can trust is myself." Nine said, exited a portal and entered his base. "Shadow! The fool! This could have been everything he ever wanted." he said and took a deep breath. "No matter. I have the Shards now." he said, started climbing up a ladder, and made it up to a machine which holds the Grim Shard. "And I know exactly where each one of them fits. Like the pieces of a puzzle." he said and used his mechanical tails holding all of the Shards one-by-one, and started inserting them into the machine.

He put the Red, Green, and Blue Shards into the machine.

"Last one." he said, inserted the Yellow Shard and all of the Shards glow and were put back together, forming the Paradox Prism. "The Paradox Prism. With this, I can transform the Grim..." he said and started extracting energy from the Prism using his mechanical tails. "...and make it stable. Make it perfect!" he said and released all of the energy he had connected from the Paradox Prism.

Outside The Grim, his new home was complete resembling a castle. he flew out from the top of his home and gathered more energy from the Prism to make a dome over his home. He looked around and smiled, proud of what he created.

At the Shatterverse one of the Gateway was leading to The Grim and showed the four other Gateways leading to the other Shatterspaces, and they appear to be destabilizing as rainbow-like effects were seen on the edges of the Gateways. Rumbling could be heard as well. The Gateway leading to Ghost Hill, in particular, was beginning to slowly fall apart.

At Ghost Hill everything started to decay and even float away.

At the top of Temple Mountain, Sonic was looking around at what was going on. Inside Shadow was walking up to where the Prism was.

"Any chance at bringing Green Hill back is gone. How could Nine betray us?" Shadow said and became sad.

"It's destabilizing." Sonic said and rushed over to him. "Shadow, I told you Nine couldn't be trusted. Whatever he's up to, it's causing this world to fracture."

"I don't understand. Why would he--?"

"Pull yourself together! This mountain is decaying, and it's going to take us with it. We have to run!" she said, grabbed his hand and he ran together with her out of the mountain.

They started to make their way down to the mountain, but it quickly started to decay. Sonic looked behind her and noticed it decaying so pushed Shadow.

"Jump!" she said and they jumped off the mountain.

Sonic landed on the ground safely, but Shadow landed face-first. He gave her a quick thumbs-up to thank her, until he heard the rumbling coming from the mountain as even the atmosphere started to shake and he looked at the now-decaying mountain.

"Whoa." he said.

"We need to leave this world." Sonic said.

"You don't have to tell me twice." he said, ran off and she followed after him.

In the sky the Yoke HQ was still in Ghost Hill.

Inside.

"I told you we couldn't trust that fox! I knew he'd steal the Shards the first chance he got!" Eggman said.

"Well, you said nothing of the sort. You're just trying to cover your tracks, like you try to cover your head with that silly toupee!" Done-It said.

"Trying and failing." Don't said.

"Gentlemen, forget the fox." Deep said and put Babble back into his seat. "Look around." he said while Ghost Hill kept decaying. "This world draws its last breath."