anticipate

As the car pulled up to her new home, Emaan glanced at her husband, Adnan, and her mother-in-law, who both wore expressions of discontent. Trying to keep her spirits up, she thought about her brother-in-law, Ahmed, and his wife, Sana, who had warmly welcomed her. Adnan's silence was deafening, but Emaan tried to break the ice.

"Isn't it a beautiful night?" she asked softly.
Adnan sighed, "Sure, if you're into this sort of thing."

Entering the house, Emaan was greeted by Ahmed and Sana with wide smiles. Sana hugged her and whispered, "We're so happy to have you here, Emaan. You'll fit right in."

Emaan smiled gratefully, "Thank you, Sana. That means a lot."

Her mother-in-law muttered under her breath, "Let's just get through this night."

The next morning, Emaan woke up early and prepared breakfast, hoping to make a good impression. Ahmed joined her in the kitchen.

"Good morning, Emaan! That smells great. Let me help," he said cheerfully.

Adnan walked in, his face still clouded with dissatisfaction. "Do you always wake up this early?" he asked curtly.

Emaan handed him a cup of tea, "I wanted to make sure everything was perfect for my new family."

Adnan took the cup, his expression softening slightly, but his mother quickly interrupted, "Don't think you can win us over with just breakfast."

Sana, sensing the tension, intervened, "Emaan, you did a wonderful job. We're lucky to have you."

Emaan's heart warmed at Sana's support, knowing that while not everyone was pleased, she had allies in Ahmed and Sana who genuinely welcomed her into the family.

***

Enjoy reading?
Sorry for making it short
Any type of feedback will be highly appreciated