33) emotionless

December 15th

Jocelyn's POV:

When my eyes flicker open, I realize that nobody is lying in bed next to me. I roll on to my back, staring at the hotel ceiling.

It could be an interesting day...

We arrived in San Diego last night, after a 5 day drive from Chicago. And on that 5 day trip, I pretty much slept the entire time. Currently, my "morning sickness" is also occurring in the middle of the day. You can imagine how unreliable and inconsistent that is.

Just as I'm about to get up out of bed, the daily burning sensation in my lungs occurs, making me leap up from bed and practically diving towards the toilet. Chunks of food are hurled up, landing perfectly into the bowl, the splashing of the water making me gag. Once finished, the burning of my throat makes tears come streaming down my face. Just like yesterday and the day before.

Happy Birthday to me.
22

After my daily barf, I hop in the shower, feeling completely disgusting. I put on my only article of maternity clothing, jeggings, considering my regular clothes are sorta getting uncomfortable, and a cream cable knit sweater, lucky a little bigger than needed. I then put on socks and slip on a pair of tan moccasins, tying my hair sloppily in a ponytail. I put on some light mascara and eyeliner on, not really caring what I look like today, nobody can tell me what to do on my "special day", as my mother calls it. I walk out of my bedroom and into the flat part of the presidential suite to find the boys and Ashley, with a table of presents and waffles with ice cream on top

Liam's POV:

When Jocelyn walks into the room and sees us all waiting for her, a giggle of unbelief escapes her lips.
" Oh my gosh, you guys" she giggles, running across the room and practically leaping into my arms.
"Happy birthday, baby" I whisper in her ear, pulling away from the hug, allowing her to go greet everyone else.
"What is this? I said I didn't want anything" she says, quickly hugging everybody.
"Oh shut up. You didn't actually expect us to not do anything" Ashley giggles, wrapping her arms around Louis' torso.
"Sit down" I order, smiling at the most beautiful girl I've ever met.

Ashley's POV:
"What time is the show today?" I ask, after breakfast is eaten and presents are opened. Liam got Jocelyn a Pallas Chain bag from Louis Vuitton. From Zayn, she received a beautiful silver chain with 4 letter charms, J,M,L,P...liam and hers initials...and a bag of tootsie rolls. From Niall, a gold bracelet with a four leaf clover pendant and an awesome maternity tee shirt that says "Baby Loading...Please Wait" on the stomach, with a bar nearly half way full. I found the shirt hilarious. And Louis and I got her a $1000 dollar gift card to some fancy maternity clothing store, as well as some baby stuff, including a custom made onesie that says "Little Black Dress", which is completely adorable.
Harry got a bunch of baby clothes and makeup for Jocelyn, as well as 2 arctic monkeys tickets, Jocelyns favorite band, one for her and one for me. The tickets are for the 23rd, in LA, the same place the boys will have their show, perfect.
Jocelyn loved it all, even cried a little.

"7 but we have to be there at 5:30" Harry replies, running his fingers through his tight curls.
"It's only 9:30. Anything you wonna do today, Jocelyn?"

~1 hour later~

"Holy balls, it's hot out here" Niall groans, as we all trudge through the thick California sand with our beach stuff.
"Niall, shh" Jocelyn scolds, adjusting her straw sun hat on her head.
Once we finally find a few open hotel chairs, we all set our stuff on them, Jocelyn plopping down onto one.
The reclining beach chairs the hotel provides each have an umbrella and a little table connected. Very nice.

"It's December and its 80 degrees.. I might just move here" Jocelyn says, after a few minutes of comfortable silence. A distance away, the boys are kicking a football around, laughing loudly.
"Yea..this really is great" I mumble, sitting up in my chair, and taking my sunglasses of my face and put them on top of my head. I stare at the 5 shirtless boys. "How did we get here?" I ask a moment later, making Jocelyn burst out laughing. I turn to look at her. She's wearing a blue and white bikini, a black crocheted cover up to make her bump appear smaller.
"Oh gosh, I'm not even sure" she says, placing her hands on her stomach. "Who would've guessed?"
I turn to look at the crashing blue waves, not answering.
"Are you happy Ashley?" She asks quietly, making me swallow. I eyes flash back to the boys.
"I think so" I reply, emotionless, not taking my eyes off Louis. I then flash my eyes to Niall, taking him all in. I sigh, thinking of when we went to visit Niagara Falls, not too long ago.