Beach Resort

A/N

This one-shot was originally the first chapter of its own fic I made back in 2022 that was canned early on(bc it was bad), so a little background information

Matsuo is Kiyo's father; he has no White Room influence. The same is true for Ichika; they are both simply prodigies. There was a bigger story planned for this, but I don't remember much of it.

Looking back at what I wrote, it's a bit embarrassing. But a little bit of cringe never hurt anyone. I wouldn't want to change it anyway because I think it serves as a snapshot of my skill at the time.

POV Kiyotaka Matsuo

I'm standing here, looking out onto the sea, feeling the warmth of the sun on my skin, breathing in the salty air.

It's like I'm standing on the edge of my old life and a new one. I'm on vacation and soon I'm going to be taking that step. It's been I've been thinking about for a long time, to go to Advanced Nurturing High School. It boasts a 100% employment and college entry rate but that's not the reason I want to go, I have ... different motives for enrolling.

But now the reality is setting in and I'm realizing that it means leaving friends behind. They don't know I'm going, and I'm so worried about how they'll take it when I'm gone. We've been through so much together and I feel like I'm deserting them.

I know it's what I want to do, but it still doesn't make it any easier. I'm going to miss them so much and I won't be able to see them for at least a year, and three years if they don't enroll or are not accepted. I'm going to miss the conversations, the laughter, and the sense of camaraderie.

"Um, Kiyo-kun are you ok?" A cute honeyed voice rouses me from my reverie. "Why do you keep daydreaming like this? I'm starting to get worried for you." She leaned in closely as if to command my attention. " We just finished unpacking our bags in our hotel room."

Tsubasa Nanase is one of the two people I consider to be my childhood friend. She is a very kind-hearted, mild-mannered, soft-spoken girl. Despite knowing that I can take care of myself, she is still very protective of me. I wonder why. When we were younger, she was always by my side, determined to help me with whatever I needed. While her love and support are greatly appreciated, it can sometimes be overwhelming.

"Come on, Tsubasa I'm sure Kiyo will be fine. You know he likes to monologue to himself" Ichika remarked with amusement. " You may not admit it, but I'm sure you enjoy it when he does that." She said in a playful tone that I was all too familiar with by now.

"N-no, I don't, It's concerning to see him stare into space like that." Tsubasa quickly denied the accusation, but that only made Ichika flash a mischievous grin.

"Then why did you wait for a minute before calling him out? Hmm?"

"I just wanted to see if he's learned not to do it by now!"

"I'm sure that's the reason, Tsubasa. I'm sure."

Ichika Amasawa, my other childhood friend. We met through my father's work as her butler. She has stuck with me ever since. She adores teasing people and acts on her mischievous whims. Due to her parents' long working hours, she spends more time with Tsubasa and me than with her own family. She'd never admit it but I'm sure she was pretty lonely before we came around.

"By the way, Thank you for carrying our bags up to our room Kiyo" Ichika thanked me seemingly done with her teasing session.

"Don't worry about it, You were the one who paid for the trip it was the least I could do"

"I promise I'll make it up to you during this trip~." She gave me a suggestive wink and spoke in a sultry voice.

"I just told you not to fret about it. There's no need to give me anything in return." I acted oblivious to her flirting and she pouted in response.