Moving forward

Hello! This is a message I'm sure a lot of people won't see, but I'm going to write it anyway because I feel like it's worth writing.

This is about my Fantastic Beasts fanfiction 'At Home', which a few people have interacted with lately and has reached 8k+ views, something l'm eternally grateful for. I'm still reeling from the number. I recently edited the title to indicate that I'm going to start heavily editing this fic, but truthfully, I only felt the need to do that due to the sheer number of interactions the fic has gotten.

When I wrote At Home, I was much younger and a less experienced writer if that wasn't obvious enough by the juvenile writing style and my weak grasp of the language. However, I look back on it fondly and as a learning experience. The fic is deeply flawed but it still received a lot of appreciation from my wonderful readers.

I've lost interest in the source material, namely the Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts series for many reasons—I think both of them fall short in many aspects of the writing and the messaging, and I'd also like to address the author's blatant and targeted racism and defamation against the algerian and taiwanese athletes Imane Khelif and Lin Yu-Ting, this was long due, but I'm not interested in publicly appreciating the works of such a person. While I am still grateful for the enjoyment they'd once provided, I don't plan on revisiting either of them.

Writing fanfiction is essentially a love letter to any existing work of fiction, l've taken the fic down currently, I just don't see myself doing anything else with it because l'd much rather focus on other writing projects not related to the Harry Potter franchise - there are other works of fiction which I believe are more worth highlighting out there.

I want to get to know my old readers and new ones in a better light, with better writing and hopefully more enjoyment on both their, and my part.

Thank you for reading what l'd once written, regardless of how flawed it was, my gratitude cannot be expressed in words.