III

••' a monster of capitalism'••

WOOYOUNG

After the crazy event that happened to me today, I told YeoSang everything. All he ever did was nod and sip his coffee then stare at the people passing by. I don't even know if he's listening to me.

I just focused on the cup of Iced Americano that's in my hand, taking a sip.

"But you know what WooYoungie?" YeoSang finally opened his mouth. "He's not a bad guy."

I looked at YeoSang in disbelief, "Then how do you explain what happened to me?"

YeoSang calmly took a final sip of his coffee before turning his whole attention to me, "Believe me. He's not an asshole you think he is."

I scoffed at his answer. "Then do you think what he did to me was right?"

"No, it was not right." He replied quickly, "but he's not a villian here. He's just a victim too."

"Victim? Well he doesn't act like one."

"He's been receiving hateful comments and I'm sure his social media is also bombarded with nasty and harsh remarks right now." YeoSang explained. "Plus he's popular and has fans. While you, you're a nobody. Your name was not even mentioned in the article."

Wow, thank you for being a super supportive friend. "So what do you suggest I do? Accept his crazy ass idea?"

"I mean, if it's what's good for the both of you, why not?"

My jaw dropped as to what I just heard, "What do you mean why not, Kang?"

YeoSang crossed his arms on his chest as he replied, "Just give it a try. You're not going to lose anything."

"Are you really my friend?" I snickered. "I even followed you here and this is how you're treating me?"

"Think about it WooYoungie..." YeoSang leaned forward, "Maybe San's using a strategy."

"What strategy?"

"First, he might be thinking that giving no reaction will make this issue die more quickly."

"Kang YeoSang," I crossed my arms in my chest, following his position. "Are you not listening to me? I told you right from the start that he introduced me to his friends. Even to JongHo. How is that not giving reaction?"

My bestfriend just nodded slowly, "You're right. Then maybe he was planning to find the one who took that photo and the one who spread the rumors with you."

"Maybe?" Is that it? "But he should've just asked me in the first place instead of calling me his new lover in front of everyone."

YeoSang lowered his head as he sighed, "But anyway, he's not a bad person. You maybe misunderstood him."