Part 3

9

That moment completed the educational closed loop, and Shen Qi Huai finally understood the sentence his parents said to him after he sent me away at the age of five.

"Qi Huai, this is what a superior should have, and the steps you should take to become a successful person."

The most ridiculous part is that Shen's parents always thought that Shen Qi Huai took up the knife against them because he wanted to inherit the family business, but in fact, it was for familial love that he forsook familial love.

Shen Qi Huai wasn't arrested due to his mental illness, and with his current physical condition, he was just continuously treated in the hospital.

I returned to Shen Qi Huai's side to take care of him, we talked a lot, from childhood to the present, I know he often secretly visited my school, including the money he had people give me after I was capable of supporting myself, I saved every penny of it.

Because of Shen Qi Huai's physical condition coupled with his state, he no longer had the capacity to inherit any fortune, and the inheritance passed to my hands.

The Shen family's business was neither big nor small, I used the money to prolong Shen Qi Huai's life, I wanted him to get better.

Every time I said this, Shen Qi Huai would always touch my face, using all his strength to say:

"No need... just stay with me for these last days."

This type of cancer was very painful at the onset, requiring a shot of a special painkiller to alleviate, costing 100,000 yuan per shot.

Shen Qi Huai would have episodes 3-4 times a day, and within just two months, the inheritance was nearly gone.

And Shen Qi Huai's lucid moments were also gradually decreasing.

Every time he briefly woke up, he would tell me to keep the money and not to treat him anymore.

I gently held Shen Qi Huai's hand, all pocked with needle marks, feeling helpless for the first time.

The Shen family had hidden it well, no one knew Shen Qi Huai was sick, how many sincere friends are there in high society? No one visited him when he was ill.

Looking at the bank account that was almost depleted, I learned how to run a company, pull together collaborations, drank countless amounts of alcohol, and worked until I was dizzy for who knows how long, and the company slowly got back on track, but Shen Qi Huai's illness had already reached a critical stage, having entered the ICU several times.

The daily costs of the ICU and that special painkiller were not something a company, just recovering under a new CEO, could afford.

That bet to turn Lu Jin An's gay was really a coincidence, but for money, to treat Shen Qi Huai, I had no other choice.

"Brother, you won't blame me, right..."

The day Lu Jin An made me public, I got the thirty million from the bet, I ran to the hospital.

But what I saw was only my brother's cold body.

10

I leaned against the tombstone, tears slowly sliding down my face, the sky was gloomy, and I had nothing.

I didn't know when the rain started, but I didn't care, letting my clothes get wet.

Suddenly, I felt the rain stop, and looking up, I was face-to-face with Lu Jin An's deep eyes.

"Get in the car."

I shook my head.

"Mr. Lu, as you can see, my brother has passed away, you've mistaken me for someone else."

I stood up, turned, and tried to leave the cemetery.

The next second a pair of hands grabbed me: "I said, get in the car."

Before I could say anything, Lu Jin An just dragged me into the car, his strength was so great, I couldn't break free, and it was only when the car door closed that I realized a white towel had been placed on the seat.

I wiped my face with the towel.

Lu Jin An's eyes had a hint of red, and his gaze was unreadable to me.

In a daze, I remembered our first time, it was in the best five-star hotel of the Lu Corporation, the large floor-to-ceiling windows allowed me to take in the entire city.

That day, the love in his eyes was about to overflow, I couldn't help but want to reach out to touch it, and the next second my breath was taken away.

Tears flowed uncontrollably, I didn't know if it was because Shen Qi Huai was still lying in the hospital, or because I had truly fallen for Lu Jin An in this bet game.

My face was a bit red, the towel in my hand was crumpled.

"Shen Qi An."

"Hmm?"

Lu Jin An's voice was faint, giving no hint of his emotions: "Come live at my place."

I was startled, looking at Lu Jin An in confusion.

Lu Jin An turned to look out the window, the rain outside drizzling: "Be Shen Qi Huai's stand-in, I'll give you a carefree life."

I couldn't see Lu Jin An's expression, nor could I fathom what he was thinking.

Maybe it's been too long alone, or maybe I wanted to settle down, I subconsciously nodded.

"Okay, but I have a condition."

"Just say it."

"Move my brother to a better cemetery."

"Okay."

After Shen Qi Huai's death, I used the thirty million from the bet for Shen Qi Huai's grand funeral, choosing a middle to upper range coffin and cemetery, not the best, but the best I could afford with my current financial strength.

After burying Shen Qi Huai, I sold off the company's shares. Since Shen Qi Huai's death, it seemed like nothing would ever get better, even the company that had just started to recover kept losing money, I could only cut my losses in time.

With the last few tens of thousands I had, I took Shen Qi Huai to fulfill his last wishes.

"If possible, I don't want to be trapped in the cage of Shen family, I want to see the vast world with you, but it seems not in this life, you go see for yourself and me."

I stood on the mountaintop, holding my brother's portrait: "Wait till the next life to see it yourself, okay?"

My thoughts returned, I stared at Lu Jin An's pitch-black eyes: "Thank you."

"So, you should do what you should do now."

I knowingly straddled Lu Jin An's lap, gently caressing his face with my hand.

I remembered, this was his favorite gesture.

"Kiss me, Qi An."