06. May Ribbon Forever Bind Our Souls

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

In a Diary Entry Left by Aella Velaryon
__________________________

How to eat a tart:

1). Take it off the tray

2). Pull off the garnish and eat it, unless it is a lemon (or lime, I suppose... or a mint leaf), but lick it clean as no tart can go to waste

3). Eat the rest of the tart

4). Repeat (optional, but recommended)

__________________________

THE SUN CREPT THROUGH THE FLUTTERING CURTAINS, announcing the presence of a new day as Aella's fingers nimbly worked through her hair, crafting a delicate braid. Her feet bounced beneath her, shifting the weight from one to another ever so lightly.

Tying together the two braids at the top of her crown with a red ribbon–much to her dismay, Aella brushed out the rest of her hair. Only was she brought from her thoughts when she heard three rasping knocks on her chamber door and her mother's calming voice. "Aella, I've come to collect you for the council meeting."

Rhaenyra Targaryen stepped into her daughter's chambers, a small smile cracking onto her face as her daughter struggled to pull her brush through her thick curls. Walking closer, Rhaenyra placed her hands on Aella's shoulders, which dropped, relaxing at her mother's touch.

"Let me," Rhaenyra pitched, loosely grabbing the brush from her daughter's ringed fingers.

Aella quietly stood as Rhaenyra picked at her hair, brushing out all the imperfections she struggled to rid herself of. Her mother's hands were gentle in her hair, unlike herself, who ruthlessly pulled through her hair in an attempt to tame the curled mess.

A comfortable silence swallowed the mother and daughter duo, leaving the two to their thoughts. Aella's mind wandered across the Red Keep and to the library, how she hoped later in the day she could slip away to the library, losing herself in the histories. She wondered if Aemond would be able to join her, maybe the two could lay on one of the chaises, quizzing each other's knowledge and bouncing their thoughts between their already linked minds.

Her mind then wandered down to the domed lair of the Dragonpit and soared up into the sky as she was lifted into the air in Aegarax's saddle. The dragon's onyx scales beneath her tender skin, warming up her body as they both drifted between the clouds and closer to the sun and stars than the ground below them.

Rhaenyra carefully watched her daughter, seeing how she lulled in her own mind, her feet anxiously bouncing beneath them as her golden skirts ruffled and swayed like the rise and fall of the tide.