17

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR 7K READERS WHAT?
I LOVE YOU ALL SO SO SO SO MUCH THANK YOU FOR READING.

here's a special chapter

• • •

GRACIE

I place my purse on the side table by the front door. I had been hanging out with Audrey the entire day to avoid bed rotting. I miss Emerson so much and I keep watching her favorite shows while eating her favorite snacks. Each time I think, ' she would love this. '

It was a cloudy day and it was going to rain soon. My head was pounding and all I wanted was to sit in the dark and binge Friends. I silently walk upstairs to change into my pajamas. I discarded my clothes and changed into an oversized t-shirt with Edward Cullen on it. I completely forgot about pants and walked back downstairs into the kitchen.

I had completely avoided the tiny Weenie following me around the entire time until he rubbed himself against my bare leg. "Hi there, buddy." I murmured, reaching over for his treats and kneeling to feed him some. "I missed you. I should've stayed home, hm? Spent the entire day with tiny Weenie."

He barked in response and I grinned. I reached for the strawberry ice cream in the freezer and the largest spoon I had. "Come on, Ween." I whispered. He followed me into the dark living room.

I sat in the middle of the couch, my legs folded under me. I was about to rewatch another episode of Friends when someone knocked on the door. Weenie rushed towards the hallway, barks ringing through the apartment.

The knocks became consistent and louder. "I'm going!" I groaned. My heart began pounding louder and louder with each step I took. I unlocked the door, my hands shaking. I could hear the other person's panting from here.

Emerson stood on the other side of the door. She was drenched from the rain, her brown eyes looking lighter in the lighting of the hallway. "Hi," She smiled. My mouth was gapped slightly as I stared at her features. She was here, with me.

"You're not wearing pants." She smiled. I snapped out of my haze and turned to look at my legs. "You shouldn't be here." Emerson rolled her eyes and walked closer to me. "I walked from my apartment just so I could see you. I walked in the rain, Gracie. I would've stood outside your apartment building with a boom box and dozens of flowers but I still have someone out to get me. I don't know who it is, but I know who you are. I know this isn't what you want. I know you love me, you love me right?"

"Of course I love you, I would be stupid not to."

"Well, you're being really stupid right now. I would be willing to do anything for you, and I'd rather die knowing I've loved you than die knowing I failed you. Don't let me go, Gracie. Not under these circumstances." She frowned. My heart burned at her words. "I've cried a certain amount of tears for you. I've waited 356 hours for you to come back to me because I thought you would. I'm done waiting, and I'm not taking no for an answer."

She didn't wait for an answer at all because suddenly, her lips were on mine, painting a scene of love on my skin. A small gasp escaped my lips before I took her face in my hands and kissed her back.

She was soaking wet and still felt so warm against my cold fingertips. Her skin felt like peace. "Yes." I mumbled against her lips. Emerson shut the front door with her foot and pinned me against it. "Did I hear that right?" She smiled.