07.

November 1st 8:19pm

November 1st
8:19pm

As I walked into Nasir's house, the familiar scent of weed filled the air. Nasir and Arion were already on the couch, controllers in hand, bickering like usual. I had just met these niggas but I was already getting comfortable with them, they made Atlanta feel like home.

"Nigga, pass the ball!" Arion complained, shoving Nasir.

"Maybe if you wasn't so ass, I would," Nasir shot back, grinning just as his player scored another 3, "Green fuck nigga!"

Qwayshawn was sitting quietly in the corner, his eyes glued to the screen. He barely acknowledged me when I walked in, just gave a quick nod. I grabbed a controller and joined them, trying to push the thoughts of Mariah and his situation out of my head.

"So, what's up with Mariah?" Nasir asked, not taking his eyes off the game. Of course.

Qwayshawn shrugged. "She's trippin'. I don't really care."

Arion looked at him, eyebrows raised. "You don't care? Nigga you was all over her last week."

"Yeah, well, things change," Qwayshawn said, his tone dismissive. "She aint all that anyway."

I felt my blood start to boil. Mariah didn't deserve this kind of disrespect, especially not from a lame ass nigga like Q. I kept my mouth shut, though, not wanting to start anything.

Nasir glanced at me, sensing my tension. "Kay, you good?"

I forced a smile. "Yeah, I'm chillin."

But I wasn't fine. Every word out of Q mouth made me angrier. He kept talking about Mariah like she was nothing, and it took everything in me not to snap. How you dog someone that used to ride so hard for you?

"Dougie, I don't get why you so pressed about her," Qwayshawn continued. "She's just another bitch."

"Watch your lip," Dougie shot back just as his player dunked on the opposing side "Niggas not fucking with me! Who bigger than he?"

I stood up, putting the controller down. "I gotta go."

Nasir looked surprised. "You sure? We just started."

"Yeah, I gotta go handle something," I said, trying to keep my voice steady. "I'll catch y'all later."

I walked out of the house, the cool night air hitting me as I stepped outside. I took a deep breath, trying to calm down. Mariah was cool peoples and didn't deserve this, and I wasn't going to let her be disrespected like that. Not by Q, not by anyone.

As I headed home, I couldn't help but think about Mariah and this whole situation. Why did I care so much? I just met these niggas and i'm already deep in they drama.

Mariah was cool as hell though, and gorgeous. Ian mind riding for her and i'd be lying if I said I wasn't crushing on shorty.  After getting tired of my thoughts, I turned up the music in my car and drowned them out.
-