| STEORRA |

Song: Color me blue Akane

Falling in love with a portrait...

That sounds like that one Greek mythology of the sculptor who fell in love with a statue.

But this man, he fell in love with a portrait.

How could he not?

It wasn't just some random portrait, it was a portrait of her.

She was beautiful, her beauty forever captured here.

She looked unlike any other.

A smile which held such kindness and care, creating creases under her eyes. It seemed like she smiled at him.

Her hair is wild, frizzy and free, unlike that he has ever seen before.

It was a breathtaking, pure starlight white, as if a halo as it simply defied gravity.

Eyes, soft. Brown, the richest kind which shimmered gold in the sunlight.

Lips softer, so soft, plump and succulent.

Skin. Her skin, oh her skin.

It was beautiful.

It is beautiful.

It shone different tones of colour under the different lights. Like a beautiful sombre blue under the moon or pure gold on the sun.

It was littered with freckles, moles, stretch marks, battle scars and dips. So many imperfections, but to him.

It was all beautiful.

She was beautiful.

She is beautiful.

A thin curtain covered the bare minimum, exposing her flesh for all to see. To see the things people call imperfections. For all to see, she had no shame but pride for what things her body had overcome.

He always felt a tinge of jealousy whenever he'd see another spend a second too long staring at her.

Touch, he longed to touch her.

The lady he saw in the painting was of a woman he'd never seen before.

Her difference made him all the more curious and attentive. To know more about her.

The longer he looked at the portrait the more he seemingly fell in love.

His eyes had traced and memorised every detail. Yet regardless he'd still be back tomorrow.

To see her again.

To see her as if it were his first time.

To see her, rediscover every detail of her.

All.

Over.

Again.

Each visit he paid, he still got lost at the sight of her.

He spent hours sitting before her, whispering sweet things, if not then his secrets and dreams, sharing his day as if she could hear him.

He could have sworn, it was almost as if she could hear him.

Her eyes would follow his every move, her smile growing softer with each passing day.

He began to believe that there was a soul behind those eyes, a spirit trapped within the painting.

She who would not judge him but listen.

So he spoke away, of her, of him, of the what ifs and if onlys.

A part of him knew it was a sick hobby, delusional and obsessive really.

But he could not help but get lost at the sight of her.

A part of him hopes when he gets lost, he will be found by her again but in person.

She would find him.

Hopefully,

One day,

Somehow...

In person.

And he'd be able to fall deeper in love with something more than a portrait.

But for now, he had the portrait.

The portrait he could never get tired of seeing.

And he fell in love with the woman who was painted in the portrait.

He was in love with her.

He fell in love with a portrait.