[25]

A path cleared for the Thousand Sunny to sail through at the Sun Pirates' efforts as Jimbei returned to his post at the helm. There were emotions clear in the former captain's eyes.

"Why didn't I notice? They disabled the Territory Slugs for us and are choosing to save me in the end."

"Only Jimbei's friends could do that!" A wide grin formed on Luffy's face in appreciation. "Thank you!"

Unfortunately, the clear path was short lived as Oven stepped through a mirror on one of the ships that had been in their way. Thoroughly pissed off, the large man radiated blistering heat.

"Since you brought down Katakuri, you're the last person I want to let go alive... Tropical Torment!" Oven's body temperature raised and he stuck his hands into the sea. The water reached well past boiling point and incapacitated the Fish-Men who were attacking from below.

Eira released the blizzard at the rear, letting the winter storm slowly come to an end. She landed on deck, turned and aimed her sword towards the sea before them. With a loud "Glacial Plunge," a stream of all things freezing shot into the sea to neutralize the overbearing temperature in an attempt to help the Fish-Men.

But without the protection from the sea, the enemy fleet was able to regroup and surround the Straw Hat's ship.

"Luffy, what should we do?" Chopper asked in a panic.

The captain stood and trudged forward, still recovering but determination in his eyes. "Let's advance!"

And then the Queen Mama Chanter made its appearance, singing and all, firing its cannons causing panic amongst the Straw Hats. The barrage of attacks was too much to handle for the escaping ship, it going up in smoke and flames, leaving debris in its place once the smoke cleared. Thus, the chaos of the day was put to an end.

Or so the Big Mom Pirates thought.

Those present carefully watched for any sign that the Straw Hats had survived, none truly believing they had gone down that easily. Those awaiting the news over snail phone evidently celebrated too soon.

"Wait!" A voice cried out. "That's not it! That's not the Straw Hats' ship, it's the Sun Pirates' ship!"

"Where did the Straw Hats go?!"

Deep under the sea, Wadatsumi swam as quickly and as far from the wreckage as possible while holding the supposedly destroyed ship and its crew in his mouth. Before the cannons could harm them, the large Fish-Man had switched the ships, pulling the Straw Hats and the Thousand Sunny underwater and away from harm.

Unfortunately, the Big Mom Pirates were quick to catch on seeing the Giant Monk's shadow departing the scene. The ships moved to chase after them.

Oven, ever the hot-head, once again stuck is boiling hands into the sea yelling, "Tropical Torpedoes!"

Tendrils of heat chased after Wadatsumi, one eventually spearing him through the chest. He was forced to surface and release the ship in his mouth as his body overheat.

"Just go, you guys!" Acting as a shield between them and oncoming cannonballs, the Giant Monk instructed. "Straw Hat! I was bad at Fish-Man Island, I'm sorry! Boss Jimbei let me come along and I thank him for that!"

Over his speech, Oven could be heard yelling, "Out of my way Sea Bonze!" Another attack lit Wadatsumi on fire causing him to squirm in pain.

"Since Boss said that he wanted to join the Straw Hats, we were determined! We made up our minds!" The Giant Monk was pulled under, replaced by Jimbei's former crew.

"Go Jimbei! Straw Hats!" Aladdin, the serving captain of the Sun Pirates, exclaimed. "We celebrate your departure!"

Jimbei and the rest stood in shock as the Sun Pirates led another counterattack. The Fish-Men fought valiantly but it was evident they could only do so much with their numbers against the large fleet.

"Flooding is a sailing ship's weakness. Bail out the water quickly. The ship is getting heavy and slow, repair the holes in the sails and catch the wind at a proper angle, advance as fast as you can! It'll take hours to get out of the territory." Jimbei instructed, breaking the silence.

Luffy was onfused at his words. "What are you doing, Jimbei? What are you trying to say?"

"Luffy, I can't leave them behind."

"Okay!" The rubber man struggled to move, clearly still recovering from his fight. "Then we'll stay too!"

"I'll bring up the rear to cover you. If you're chased by the mother ship and the fleet now, you'll never be able to get away. Let me bring up the rear! I'll pull it off and come back alive!"

Eira smirked at his words, her respect for the former Warlord ever-growing.

"Don't forget, Jimbei, I'm your captain now! I won't stop the ship. I'll be waiting for you at the Land of Wano. Come at any cost!" Luffy's voice strained with emotion. "Jimbei! Don't die no matter what!"

A hand appeared on the Fish Man's shoulder as Eira stepped toward him with a grin on her face. "Allow me to be of some assistance."

Everyone's attention snapped to her. Sanji's own hand shot out, gently grasping her wrist. "Eira-"

"Don't worry." Eira interrupted knowing what they were all thinking. "I won't leave the ship." She recognized the look of determination on Jimbei's face, understanding he needed to stay behind for the time being.

Jimbei met her eyes and nodded, smiling gratefully around at the crew he had found a new family in. He dove into the water without another word.

Another phenomenon formed at the rear, a giant whirlpool that effectively distanced the Sunny from Big Mom's fleet. The white-haired female took that as her cue, eyes locked on the water. With a deep breath, she fell into a sturdy stance and brought her hands together in a forceful clap. The sound echoed across the sea as she yelled, "Arctic Cyclone!"

While the Fish-Men manipulated the ocean currents, Eira changed the winds. A large funnel of frosty air formed, centering over the maelstrom and forcing the pursuing ships to crash into each other. The power behind the attack created a burst from its source, surging the ship forward and away from their pursuers.