✨ Curiosity

In the bustling corridors of the university, amidst the cacophony of student life, Alastor moved with an air of detached indifference. His sharp intellect and natural charisma set him apart from his peers, yet beneath the mask of nonchalance, a keen observer would notice a certain restlessness, a search for something more than the superficial pleasures that his privileged life offered.

Y/n was a breath of fresh air amidst the academic grind. Her friends, Charmaine and Vanessa, were her constant companions, their friendship a source of unwavering support.

Their paths crossed briefly, fleeting moments in shared spaces. A crowded lecture hall, a bustling cafeteria, a chance encounter in the library. Their eyes had yet to meet meaningfully, their interactions limited to fleeting glances and polite nods.

One afternoon, as Y/n was cleaning out her locker, she felt a presence behind her. She turned to find Alastor, the enigmatic heir to the Sterling empire, standing a few feet away, his gaze fixed on her.

Startled, Y/n let out a squeak, her hand instinctively reaching for her books. Alastor's lips curved into a rare smile. "Sorry, didn't mean to startle you. I'm Alastor." he said, his voice low and smooth.

"I'm Y/n H--"

Before she could finish telling her name, Charmaine and Vanessa burst into the hallway, their protective instincts kicking in. "What do you want?" Charmaine demanded, her arms crossed defensively.

Alastor raised an eyebrow. "Easy, ladies. I just wanted to say hello."

Vanessa stepped forward, her gaze unwavering. "Well, you've done that. Now, leave her alone."

Alastor nodded, a hint of amusement in his eyes. "As you wish~" he said, turning to leave.

As he walked away, he couldn't shake the feeling that he had just encountered something extraordinary. There was something about Y/n, a spark of life that drew him in. He knew he had to find a way to get to know her better.

---------------

Alastor watched as Y/n navigated the labyrinthine shelves of the university library, her brow furrowed in concentration. The opportunity he had been waiting for had arrived. With a calculated stride, he approached her, his presence a subtle interruption to her focused study.

"Mind if I join you?" he asked, his voice low and smooth.

Y/n looked up, surprise evident in her eyes. "Sure," she replied, making space for him at the table.

They fell into an awkward silence, the only sound the rustling of pages. Alastor, ever the observer, studied her as she worked through a complex equation. Her determination and focus were captivating.

"Chemistry, huh?" he commented, breaking the silence.

Y/n nodded, her attention still on the problem. "It's challenging, but I find it fascinating when making medicines."

"I'm surprised to see you here," Alastor replied. "I thought someone with your energy would be more interested in, I don't know, art or something."

Y/n looked up, a hint of amusement in her eyes. "Art is great, but I also enjoy the logic and problem-solving aspect of science."

Alastor nodded, impressed by her response. "I actually find chemistry quite interesting," he admitted. "It's all about balance and precision, just like making a good drink."

Y/n raised an eyebrow. "You're studying business, right? What do you know about chemistry?"

Alastor leaned forward, a mischievous glint in his eyes. "More than you think. I'm interested in the science behind the ingredients, how they interact to create a specific flavor profile. It's all about understanding the components to achieve the desired outcome."