Beware of Kindness

Lucifer left after promising Charlie a meeting with heaven while also try to help determine what exactly is Y/n and why is she put in her condition in Hell. The chaos of the loan shark attack had subsided, leaving behind a trail of destruction outside and a gnawing sense of unease in Y/n's stomach.

Alastor, his usual flamboyant demeanor subdued, carefully examined her injured ankle. Her arm, grazed by flying glass, bore a angry red welt.

"Nasty business," he muttered, his voice devoid of its usual theatricality. He brushed a stray strand of hair from her forehead, the gesture surprisingly gentle.

Y/n flinched, the memory of Mimzy's words - "Take care of his new toy" - echoing in her mind. Despite the throbbing pain, she couldn't help but feel a flicker of warmth under his touch.

"Don't worry," Alastor reassured, sensing her withdrawal. "I won't bite... at least, not today." He forced a smile, but it didn't reach his eyes.

"Why?" she blurted out, her voice barely a whisper. Why did he care? Why did he seem so... different?

He paused, his crimson gaze locking with hers. "Mimzy," he began, "is an... -was a close friend of mine when I was still living. She gets herself into trouble, and sometimes... I clean up her mess."

His explanation did little to quell Y/n's suspicions. "You could've let us handle it," she countered, her voice gaining strength.

Alastor sighed. "Perhaps. But seeing you hurt..." He trailed off, his eyes clouding with an emotion she couldn't decipher.

Later, after Alastor fashioned a makeshift splint for her ankle, Y/n sought out Charlie and Angel Dust. They were surveying the damage, their faces etched with concern.

"He seems... different around you, Y/n," Charlie observed, her brow furrowed.

"He is," Y/n confirmed, recounting the events and her suspicion about his motives.

Angel Dust chuckled, a sharp edge to it. "Don't get sucked in, dollface. Alastor's kindness is as rare as a happy ending in Hell. He probably sees you as a new plaything."

Y/n bit her lip, the weight of their words settling heavily on her. Yet, she couldn't deny a sliver of hope clinging to her heart.

Determined to get to the bottom of it, she found Alastor in his penthouse, meticulously cleaning a chipped porcelain cherub.

He looked up, a flicker of surprise crossing his face. "Need something else, my dear?" he inquired, his voice back to its usual theatrical lilt.

Y/n took a deep breath. "Why, Alastor?" she asked, her voice steady. "Why are you being so... nice to me?"

Alastor's smile faltered for a moment before returning with a hint of amusement.

"Isn't it obvious, dear Y/n? This is Hell, after all. Here, kindness is a luxury, a game of power. And you..." he leaned closer, his voice dropping to a low murmur, "you seem like an interesting pawn."

Y/n recoiled, her heart plummeting. Just as she suspected, she was nothing more than a tool to him. Tears welled in her eyes, blurring her vision.

"Shit..." Y/n said being dizzy.

He noticed her distress, his eyes widening in surprise. He knelt before her, about to reach for her hand.

Suddenly, a warm golden light erupted from Y/n's wounded arm and broken ankle, bathing the room in an ethereal glow. The pain receded, replaced by a tingling sensation. Alastor gasped, his hand hovering inches from hers.

The light intensified, surrounding Y/n in a golden cocoon. Her head spun, and a metallic taste filled her mouth. Just before succumbing to the dizziness, she felt a strong hand steady her head.