4

TAKEMITCHI'S POV

As the two girls left, Mikey said, "Let's go, Takemichy!"

I was riding on a bicycle, with Mikey-kun and Draken-kun tagging along on another. The air was filled with the sounds of the city, and I could feel the weight of my mission pressing down on me.

"Why were you interested in me yesterday?" I asked.

"That's a dumb question," said Mikey.

"S-sorry."

I've learned about the Tokyo Manji Gang 12 years in the future. They were a heinous gang responsible for gambling, fraud, murder, rape, and other such crimes.

Thinking about my interactions with Mikey-kun, I couldn't help but wonder: Is this guy really the terrible boss of Toman?

Mikey glanced over at me, his expression softer than I expected. "I have a brother, ten years older. Well, now he's dead though. He was a reckless guy. He'd always challenge guys way stronger than him."

"He sounds like a cool person," I said warily.

"He was like you, Takemitchy," Mikey said, smiling.

HUH?!

"I'm not that cool..." I muttered, feeling a mix of confusion and embarrassment.

"Well, it's true he wasn't as lame as you," Mikey added with a teasing grin.

"Now delinquents are called 'lame,' but it wasn't like that in my brother's generation. I wanna create a new era for delinquents. You should accompany me on that journey," Mikey said, his tone serious yet inviting.

I was shocked, unable to comprehend why someone like Mikey would want me, of all people, to join him.

"I was pleased by you, Hanagaki Takemichi," Mikey continued with a smile.

"We have plenty of guys who are good at fighting, but there aren't many guys like you, who would stand against anyone if it were for something you couldn't give up. Think about it, Takemichi," said Draken, his voice calm and supportive.

As they walked away, I stood there, my mind racing with thoughts and possibilities.

Mikey-kun is a delinquent, but he's not a bad person. In 2017, Toman rams a truck into Hina, someone who has no connection to them at all. He's definitely not the same as the boss of that organization.

Did something change Mikey-kun?

Just then, I walked past a group of three guys.

HUH? Have I seen him somewhere?

                                                            END OF TAKEMICHI'S POV

SAYURI'S POV

As Emma and I walked out of cram school, I was about to say goodbye and head to the station when we both noticed Draken and Mikey leaning casually against the sidewalk.

"Oi, Emma! Sayuri!" Draken called out, giving us a wave. "We're about to grab some ice cream. Wanna join?"

Emma's face lit up instantly. "Definitely!" she said, excitement bubbling in her voice.

I, on the other hand, could feel Mikey's gaze land on me, his expression the same as always—blank, unreadable, like he was utterly indifferent to everything