17

When I reached, I saw Takemichi's friends fighting hard with the Toman members. Thank god they were safe. My heart pounded, relief washing over me.

Soon, the wail of sirens signaled the ambulance's arrival. The medics quickly loaded Draken into the vehicle, and without a second thought, we all piled in, accompanying him to the hospital. I kept stealing glances at Draken, barely conscious but hanging in there, while Takemichi sat beside him, gripping his hand like his life depended on it.

Emma sat beside Draken in the ambulance, her tears falling silently as she clutched his hand tightly, her body trembling with fear and worry. I could see the raw emotion in her eyes — the way her heart seemed to break with each shaky breath. She wiped her face with the sleeve of her shirt, but the tears just kept coming, like she was holding on to Draken with every ounce of hope she had left.

I could feel her pain. Seeing someone you care about like that, fighting for their life... it does something to you. A tightness settled in my chest, and I tried to swallow it down, but it wouldn't go away. My own emotions were a mess. The helplessness gnawed at me. I wasn't used to standing on the sidelines like this. I wanted to say something, to comfort Emma, but the words were stuck in my throat. All I could do was sit there, my mind racing with everything that had happened. 

We reached the hospital, the ambulance doors swinging open as the paramedics rushed Draken inside. Everything felt like a blur — people shouting orders, the smell of antiseptic, the cold, sterile air of the hospital. Emma gripped my arm tightly as we followed them, her face pale and eyes wide with fear.

"They're taking him to emergency surgery," one of the doctors said, but the words barely registered. My focus was entirely on Emma, whose legs seemed ready to give out beneath her.

Moments later, a nurse came out with grim news, "He's in cardiac arrest."

Emma let out a gasp, her hand flying to her mouth as fresh tears streamed down her cheeks. She couldn't hold back anymore. She leaned her head against my shoulder, crying softly as her body trembled with each sob. I wrapped my arm around her, pulling her close. 

"I'm scared..." said Emma, crying.

"Emma-chan... he'll be fine." Hina said, trying to comfort Emma.

The tension in the hospital room was palpable as Takemichi hurriedly explained Draken's situation to Mitsuya and Peh-yan. They stood nearby, concern etched on their faces. Suddenly, the door swung open, and Mikey walked in.

"Mikey!" everyone called out in unison, their voices a mixture of relief and urgency.

"You're being too loud, keep it down! We're in a hospital." Mikey replied, his tone firm but friendly. He approached Emma, offering a reassuring pat on her shoulder before his gaze shifted to the door. "Kenchin is the type of guy who keeps his word, he won't drop at a place like this." he said.

Everyone simply stared at his back, concerned. 

Mikey turned back, a wide smile breaking across his face. "He promised me we'd take the top together. So guys, believe in him."

Mikey settled into a sofa, his relaxed demeanor contrasting with the tension in the room. He flashed a bright smile at everyone. "Everything will be fine," he reassured them, his voice steady and calm.

His confidence seemed to ripple through the group, easing some of the worry etched on their faces. Takemichi nodded, feeling a sense of relief wash over him. Mitsuya and Peh-yan exchanged glances, their expressions softening a little as they absorbed Mikey's positivity.

Yet, despite the comfort in his words, I couldn't shake the nagging concern that lingered in the back of my mind. Mikey's carefree attitude felt a bit too forced but no one seemed to notice.