Hope

Iris hustled into the Shining Sea. It hadn't been this busy in quite some time, usually patrons consisted of merchants after a hard day's work of trying to sell whatever they made, or sailors. Sailors weren't quite as rich as pirates, but they did sometimes have some coins. Iris hung her cloak upon the cloak rack, eyeing for a certain blonde barmaid. When she found her, she smiled, and walked up to her, tapping her on the shoulder, in a faux accent,

      "Your finest ale, madam." 

      Iris was met with a warm embrace, and hug, from the only barmaid who had the decency to not flirt with every customer. Margaret Dean. Or, her preferred name, Maggie. Maggie suited her much better than Margaret though. 

      "Iris! I was wondering when you'd show up, you kept me waiting for hours." Maggie complained, causing Iris to smirk.

      "Oh, you missed me?"  Iris replied, trying to straighten her brown locks, while Maggie rolled her eyes, before giving her a sly smile. "Did you see the catch that walked in the door?"

"No, I haven't," Iris replied, before Maggie nudged her and then she saw him. Leather, from head to toe. Piercing blue eyes, dark hair, scruff, and a hook for a hand. Handsome didn't cut the way this man looked. Iris felt her heart skip a beat. "Wow." That was all she could say. 

Maggie smirked. "Ogling, are we? From the woman that gave up love?" Iris scowled, shaking her head. "No," Iris said defiantly, "Just wow. Is he new?"

Maggie nodded. "He doesn't usually moor his vessel here. But he has been recently. You still want your regular table?" 

Iris smiled, Maggie was a true friend, one that was hard to come by.  She sat down at her table, sipping some ale. Silently shooting glances at the pirate, only until a sailor sat down next to her.

"Hey pretty lady," The man said,  Iris almost couldn't understand him, he slurred so much. "Hello," Iris said. And please go away, She thought. This man was beyond drunk, and looked like he had dumped oil on his head. 

"Wanna ditch this place?" The man asked her, Iris stiffened, before shaking her head. "I'm good, sailor. I just got here."  

The man frowned, "Aw come on, lass, just a-" He was cut off from Iris getting up, causing his drink spilled onto his shirt.

"You bitch!" The man yelled at her, and she tried to make a dash for it, before she felt a hand on her wrist, the angry drunk almost said something, until a hand pulled him back. 
"The lady said no, mate." A smooth voice said. The drunk looked at the source of the voice, before letting go of Iris' wrist and scampering off.

The pirate. It was him. He saved her. "Filthy drunks," He said, "Are you alright, love? He didn't hurt you, did he?" 

Iris smiled. "Yeah, I'm fine. Thank you for saving me."  The man made a small bow.  "It was my pleasure, love. Could I get your name?"

Iris could feel the color rise to her cheeks. "Iris, Iris  Ashe." She said, while the man grinned and took her hand and kissed her knuckles. "Pleasure to meet you, Miss Ashe. The name's Killian Jones, but I prefer Hook." He said, letting go of her hand, and looking back at his rowdy crew. 

"I would ask you to come sit with me, but my crew can be a bit of a wild lot. How 'bout I buy you a drink, and we can talk at a different table?" He asked her, with Iris nodding, and replied, "I would love that."