𝟓. 𝐁𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐅𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐩𝐬

A fortnight later

A fortnight later..

Hailey's pov:

He gets me flowers almost everyday, drops me, picks me and takes me on dinner. He's really trying. The person I had spent months researching about was now someone I saw on daily basis. What was more amusing to me was how easily we had become friends. 

It is alarming how I don't even have to pretend enjoy our time, because I actually enjoy it, which is making me delay my assignment. I can't bring myself to confront him about all those crimes and accusations, I'm afraid I might lose whatever we have between us. 

The friendship, I mean.

"Any observation worth mentioning?" Henry asked typing something on his computer, obviously referring to Jason.

"I..I haven't seen him much. We kind of lost contact..I don't think I can really keep up with that." I avoid the topic as best I can and for most of the part, it's believable because no one would assume that I'm actually friends with him or he considers me likeable enough to spend his free time with me.

I can't hang out with him and stab him on his back by leaking his whereabouts. It may be right in principle and in view of my work but certainly wrong in practice. 

He's a criminal, there's no denial in that. But now, he's also my friend. I had stopped looking at him as just criminal long ago. Even when I had no idea what age, height and shape he was, what peaked me weren't just his crimes, but the whole sense of mystery that surrounds him.

I check my phone for notifications and find Jason's text on top.

Jason:

Hails its 20:37

u said ur work was only till 20:30.

im outside ur office

"Henry, I'm leaving. Good night." I informed him before grabbing my bag and rushing into elevator. I was actually bored because Jason was all I dedicated my hours researching about and now that I had somehow managed to actually be associated with him, I couldn't bring myself to obsessively make reports about his honorable activities. 

"Jesus. Finally! I thought you had settled there or something." He mumbled, a little smile playing on his lips. 

"You were smoking." I state with a frown as I occupy the front seat. I just can't stand smoking, there's something about smell of tobacco that made me want to gag.

"I'm sorry Hails." He made a puppy face.

"No you're not, you said that yesterday and before that too. It's not good for you." I pouted.

I've been realizing that gang life is very stressful. They're always thinking about enemy. Everyday I see Jason work so hard. All for what? To be called a criminal