#12

~ URI BYEONG-HO HYUNG ~
×
- Reunion, cherish -

"The patient has regained his consciousness. You may visit him now."

Heeseung pauses, feeling lost as the doctor speaks in rapid English, struggles to grasp the situation. Y/n notices his confusion and gently places a hand on his shoulder.

“She said Mr. Lee has woken up and we’re allowed to go inside now,” Y/n explains. Heeseung’s eyebrows lift in understanding, and he nods with an appreciative ‘ah.’

Y/n thanks the nurse as Heeseung, eager to see his father, heads into the room with loud slam of the door that startle Mr. Lee.

“Lee Heeseung! One day I have a heart problem, you’ll be the death of me!” Mr. Lee exclaims, clutching his chest.

Heeseung freezes. He retreats, closes the door, and enters more quietly.

Mr. Lee, noticing a familiar figure standing outside. His eyes squint in confusion.

“Is that Olivia?”

Heeseung turns to y/n in confusion. “Y/n,” he calls, jogging to her. She looks hesitant.

She looks up at him. “I don’t want to bother you two—”

“What bullshit*t.” He cuts her off. “He’d want to see you. But if you’re busy—”

“Miss Yun,” a voice calls. Both turn to see Y/n’s supervisor standing nearby.

“I’m sorry!” Y/n quickly apologizes, turning back to Heeseung with a apologetic look.

“I'm sorry Hee, I’m kind of on duty right now. I’ll come visit before sunset. Can you send my regards to Mr. Lee?”

Heeseung hesitates, his disappointment evident but he forces a smile.

“Okay. Good luck with your posting.”

Y/n returns the smile and hurries away with a wave.

Heeseung's hand unconsciously reaches out to hold hers but misses. He watches as she disappears down the hallway, his gaze lingering before he turns and walks back into the room.

Mr. Lee’s eyes narrow as Heeseung returns to the room. “What happened? That was Olivia, right?”

Heeseung, still preoccupied with thoughts of Y/n, nods absentmindedly. Mr. Lee notices his distraction.

“But why did you call her Y/n?”

Heeseung blinks, momentarily confused, and then realizes his slip. His eyes widen in horror.

“Ah—th-that’s just a nickname I gave her!” He stammers, looking flustered and nervous.

Mr. Lee raises an eyebrow skeptically. “A nickname? That sounds like a first name. And it’s not even similar to her actual name?”

“She likes the name! Does it matter?” Heeseung defends himself.

Mr. Lee continues to scrutinize him. “How strange... Where has she gone to?”

“She’s on duty right now. She said she’d visit before sunset,” Heeseung explains and Mr Lee nods.

“That won’t be necessary,” Mr. Lee says abruptly, causing Heeseung to frown in confusion.

"I'm leaving now."

“What?" Heeseung retorts. "Dad, you’re injured! You can’t just leave the hospital!”

Mr. Lee dismisses his concern. “This is nothing. I can’t abandon the business trip. I’m discharging myself.”

Frustrated, Heeseung pushes Mr. Lee back onto the bed as he attempts to get up.