one

OLESIA

I heaved a sigh of relief and exhaustion as I finally pulled into the driveway of my brother's home. After months of denying and denying, I finally decided to take up his repeated offers to move in with him. I was struggling with the commute back and forth from college so much so that not taking him up on it just didn't make sense anymore.

I turned off my car and before I could even unbuckle my seatbelt, the front door swings open.

Theo walking down the sidewalk with a wide grin and arms open. He opens my car door and pulls me out to hug me, "Cici!"

"Hi Theo." I laugh at him and hug him back, I didn't realize until now that I missed him.

"Damn, I thought you'd changed your mind about coming." He says after letting me go.

"Did you forget how far I am from here?"

"Yeah but I could've gotten here at least 15 minutes earlier than you did."

"Well that's because you like the risk of dying when you're driving. By the way, remind me not to ride with you anywhere." I say back. He pushes my face in response.

"You need help?" He says opening the back door to my car.

"A little help would be nice."

"I'll get all of this and show you to your room." He says, trying to fit every bag into his hands so it'll only take one trip. "Okay, thank you."

When he finally gets everything, we start walking to the door. "Liam helped me set up your room, I think you'll like it.

Liam?

"Liam?"

"My roommate. You'll meet him soon, he's a great guy. We've been best friends since college."

I nod, trying to suppress the sudden curiosity of who this Liam guy is. I remember Theo mentioning him but I never really gave it thought until now, considering I'm about to be living with him.

As we walk through the front door into the hallway, I couldn't help but notice how cozy the house was. Family photos littered the walls and the scent of freshly baked cookies wafted from the kitchen.

"And- here's your room." Theo says breaking me out of my daze. The room wasn't too big nor too small it was perfect. There was even a few girly decor things. I laugh when I see Theo's face, waiting for a reaction from me. "It's perfect, thank you Theo." I chuckle out when he sighs out in relief.

As Theo walks out murmuring something about dinner. I walk around the room and take in my surroundings before getting everything of mine settled in. I start by putting up the decor items that I brought myself as well as my stuffed bear I keep on my bed. I don't care that I'm 20 years old, it's no one else's business but mine.

I open my phone to text my bestfriend before I start tackling my suitcases. She lives at the dorms at our college so there was another reason I was happy to be closer in. The more I talk about it the more I notice I had no reason to say no in the first place.

Giselle

I just got in.

She answers almost immediately.