eleven

OLESIA

It had been a painfully quiet day. Liam and I hadn't exchanged more than a few words, and even then, those moments were steeped in tension. We avoided each other as if we had planned it, like any interaction might start something we couldn't ever end.

Theo was around all day, prepping for his night shift like usual, completely oblivious to the thick tension that filled the house whenever Liam and I were in the same room. It was frustrating—knowing that all it would take was one look, one touch, and everything would unravel. But we kept our distance, as if afraid of what might happen once that final wall came down.

I busied myself with random tasks. Cleaning the kitchen, organizing the bookshelf, anything to distract myself from the pull I felt toward him. Liam did the same, mostly hanging out in his room or outside, making sure to keep a respectable distance. Every time I heard his footsteps in the hallway, my pulse spiked, and I had to resist the urge to cross paths with him. There was something dangerous about how close we always seemed to get.

Theo, on the other hand, was oblivious to everything. He ate his meals, joked around like usual, and made casual conversation. He had no idea what was simmering under the surface, or that the second he was out the door, his best friend and his sister would no longer be able to control themselves.

When Theo finally mentioned that he was getting ready to head out, my heart rate picked up. The moment of truth was near. We were about to be left alone, and I had no idea what would happen when that door closed behind him.

"Alright, guys. I'll be back in the morning," Theo called out as he slung his bag over his shoulder. "Don't have too much fun without me."

Liam stood by the door, nodding. "We'll try not to," he said, his voice neutral, but I could hear the tinge of secrecy beneath it.

I forced a smile. "Be safe," I added, barely able to maintain eye contact with my brother.

Theo waved and stepped out, closing the door behind him. The click of the door echoed in the silence that followed. And just like that, we were alone.

The quiet stretched between us like a living thing, thick with anticipation. My heart pounded in my chest, the air in the room suddenly too thick to breathe in. I felt Liam's presence without even looking at him, every nerve in my body on high alert. The urge to stay in my spot fought against the magnetic pull I felt towards him.

I couldn't resist it any longer.

Our eyes locked. It was immediate, instinctual. Neither of us said a word as I stood up, moving toward him as if drawn by an invisible force. Liam's expression mirrored mine—desire, frustration, and a kind of surrender we'd been resisting for far too long.

We met halfway, and the moment his hand touched my waist, everything inside me lit on fire.

Liam's grip was firm, pulling me against him as his mouth crashed into mine with a hunger that left me breathless. The kiss was frantic, desperate, as though we were both trying to make up for all the times we'd held back. I pushed all ten of my fingers into his hair, tugging as I pressed my body against his. He groaned into my mouth, his hands roaming up my back, pulling me even closer.

It was impossible to think clearly. All I knew was that I needed him. Now.

We barely made it to the couch. Liam's hands were all over me, fingers slipping beneath the hem of my shirt, skimming my skin with a touch that sent sparks through my entire body. I gasped into his mouth as we dropped down onto the cushions, his weight pressing down on me in a way that made my head spin.

His lips trailed down my neck, leaving a hot, wet trail that had my back arching off the couch. "Fuck, I've wanted-" he muttered against my skin, his voice rough with need. "I've wanted you for so long, Olesia."