five

OLESIA

Theo's voice jolted me awake. I groaned, glancing at my phone: it was already noon. My night had been consumed with restless thoughts of Liam and the magnetic tension between us.

"Olesia!"

I groan in response.

"Wake up motherfucker," Theo called from my doorway. "Ready for our grocery trip?"

I rubbed my eyes and tried to shake off the lingering fatigue. "Yeah, just give me a minute."

Theo nodded "It's our first one together."

"Yeah I know, I know." I respond sitting up in my bed.

"Okay so get the fuck up."

Not letting me respond, Theo shuts the door. Leaving me with a dumbfounded look on my face.

I dressed quickly throwing on a cropped yellow tank and some light wash jorts, and joined him, and we set out for the grocery store.

When I walk out into the kitchen, I see that Liam's not here. "Where's Liam?" I say, trying to keep my voice normal, nothing special, not like I almost kissed him in the very kitchen were standing in.

"He left earlier, he's at work." Theo says looking down at his phone. I nod in response even though he's not looking at me.

We head out and get into the car. Theo refuses to let me play my playlist even though I know he likes it. We listen to his trashy man music and ride to the grocery store.

When we get there we immediately have things in our cart. We moved through the aisles, laughing and chatting. It takes hours for us to go grocery shopping. Our eyes are always bigger than our stomachs.

"Theo what do we need marshmallows for?"

"What else would we need them for idiot? To eat them."

"Well at least get some chocolate and graham crackers so we can make s'mores."

"The smartest thing you've ever said and you don't say a lot of smart things."

I swat him on the back of his head before we head to get the items and to the register.

Afterward, Theo suggested grabbing ice cream.

We find a spot in the ice cream place parking lot that gives us a view of the sunset. I enjoy the break from my swirling thoughts and eat my caramel sundae.

"I've missed this," Theo said, licking his cone. "Just hanging out."

"Me too," I admitted, feeling a pang of nostalgia. "It's been really nice."

Theo's smile faltered. "I hate to say it, but I'm on the night shift again tonight. I'll be home in the morning."

I forced a smile despite the knot tightening in my stomach. "It's okay. I'll manage."

"I'm sorry," he said sincerely. "We'll have more time together soon."

"Don't worry about it," I said, patting his arm. "We'll make the most of it. Besides we have all the time in the world considering we live together now."

"Oh right I forgot." He says with a grimace.

"You bitch." I say laughing and push his face. He just laughs as he begins reversing out of the parking lot.

Back home, I helped Theo put away the groceries, my mind racing with anxiety about the evening. Once Theo left for work, I retreated to my room, trying to distract myself and not have to run into Liam. But thoughts of him were overwhelming.