1984

Hey it's me, nice to see you again, so I lied...again, we aren't even close to being done with this backstory, so get ready for so much more information, I'm trying to make it fun for you with my little reenactments so you better enjoy okay? We're now in 1984, it's the new school year and it's coming up to the year anniversary of Will's disappearance and things have been pretty great. I'm like totally over Steve and I'm like myself again, Will's doing great too, I think, he doesn't really talk about what happened. Also mom's got a boyfriend Bob Newby, I think he's real sweet.

October 31st 1984 - So there is a new boy in school Billy Hargrove, he's hot, he's bad, and he likes metal... he also has a really cool car, we met properly at Tina's Halloween party...

"Hi." Billy says reaching across me to grab a beer.

"Hey."

"Jodi, is it?"

"Yeah, you're Bi- Billy?"

"You got it, so who are you dressed as?"

"Pris, from Blade Runner, you seen it?" Billy shakes his head, looking me up and down. "Well you should watch it, it's really good."

"I mean if the Pris in that looks anything like you, I'll definitely have to check it out." I laugh, trying to hide my blushing face. I take a moment and decide to be a little reckless.

"Hey it's so loud down here, you wanna go upstairs?"

Billy smirks at me, takes my hand and leads me upstairs, I don't need to tell you what happened next but I do need to tell you what Steve and Nancy were getting up to. You see Nancy had way too much to drink and it didn't end well, Steve and Nancy go to the bathroom to clean up Nancy's sweater as there is punch all down it, while they're doing this Nancy is having some major word vomit and just confessed she basically doesn't love Steve anymore, Steve storms out obviously upset but the bathroom where their little discussion was taking place just so happened to be directly opposite the bedroom Billy and I were getting... acquainted in and the worlds perfect timing made sure we left the room at the same time Steve left the bathroom.

In my dazed state I chuckle at his solemn face.

"Uh oh, Steve looks serious." I turn to Billy who's sizing Steve up.

"I'm gonna go get a beer, I'll see you downstairs." Billy says while pushing past me. I turn my attention back to Steve.

"So what trouble in paradise?" Steve scoffs. "What?"

"Him? Seriously?"

"What's it to you?"

"I just didn't think you'd stoop so low. He's not good for you."

"And you're suddenly the expert on what's good for me? Give me a break, Steve." I cross my arms trying to assert some kind of, I dunno dominance?

"Yeah, because hooking up with the new psycho in town is such a great idea."

"Since when do you care about who I hook up with? Last I checked, you were too busy playing house with Nancy."

"That's different. Nancy and I-"

"Nancy and you are what? Perfect? Happy? Clearly not"

"You don't know anything about us."

"Maybe, but I think you should focus on fixing your own mess instead of judging mine."

"Yeah, well, maybe you should think twice before making such dumb choices."

"Dumb choices? You're calling me dumb?"

"That's not what I meant!"

"Oh, so what did you mean then? Enlighten me."

"Just do whatever you want. Don't come crying to me when it all goes wrong." He throws his arms up.