Chapter32: Eternal Promise

Matthew couldn't contain his smile from watching Lex bounce around the private jet. Looking all around the cozy space with a snack bar, sitting down to glance out the window. The pale sky told them it was no longer fall as the New Year was upon them next week. This is the first time Lex seemed generally happy after what happened with Lucas. He talks to Violet on the phone like it never happened to him as Matthew continuously watches from afar.

"What?" asks Lex, seeing Matthew's reflection in the window before turning towards him.

"I'm just glad... you seem happier."

Lex didn't say anything as he felt his throat tighten around his words. Getting up from his seat to sit next to Matthew, leaning his head on his shoulder.

"I..." Lex began to say. Not sure if there is anything to say. He felt different after waking up in the car. Matthew finally saved him from almost 2 months of hell.

"I don't want... that experience... to change me..." choking out his words as Matthew cups his face pulling him into soft kisses.

"The only thing that's changed is you're so much stronger than before..."

Letting the silence finish the talking as they snuggled to each other. Landing on a small private island with a mansion off in the distance with nothing but water surrounding them.

Lex couldn't believe what he was seeing, he had never been to the beach before! Jumping down the plane stairs ready to go explore the entire place.

"Let's go check out the house first then I'll take you to the beach."

They walked up to the beautiful house standing proud. Open windows with curtains blowing in the wind, a big patio that has a pool. Walking into the living room with a beach house aroma look to it. The house has a master bedroom along with two others and 3 bathrooms total. The kitchen was open all around with a stocked fridge and clean counters. Lex loved everything about this place.

Matthew walked up behind him planting kisses across Lex's neck. They made their way to the bedroom in a passionate make-out session starting out hot and heavy.

Lex couldn't contain his thirst while Matthew released a growl vibrating his chest. Skin blended against skin while hands groped at each other. Leaving a trail of clothes leading to the bedroom before getting flung onto the bed. Wasting no time Matthew made sure Lex was prepped and ready not wanting to rip him. The room fills with passionate moans leaking to the outside.

***

Matthew fidgeted as he tugged on his clothes, a beautifully made white fitted suit sharpening his body features. 2-Fingers patiently standing behind him with his hands behind his back.

"Are you nervous?" asked 2-Fingers placing a box in Matthew's hand.

"Yeah... I'm fucking nervous as hell."

Giving two pats on Matthew's shoulder leaving them to walk outside. Lex wore a similar white suit while fidgeting in his shoes.

"You look amazing," Matthew said giving him a kiss.

Walking hand in hand as they strolled down the beach, sand moving under their weight. A table sat by itself on a lonely patio and a lit candle sat in the middle of it. They sat comfortably outside, the breeze flowing through the curtains that were attached to the structure. They began their meal with a steak dinner and a side of potatoes and greens with a glass of wine. The dinner was pure bliss as they talked throughout the night, discussing their futures and what they wanted out of life.

Matthew knew it sounded corny but he just wanted to live a normal happy life and start a family. Lex felt the wine flush his cheeks listening to Matthew with love filling his blue eyes.

"When I think about my future, I think about you and all the love I have for you. And when I lost you..." Matthew said, choking up before composing himself again.

"I never want to lose you again." Matthew strolled over towards Lex, offering his hand out.

They both strolled down the beach letting the silence speak with the help of the moonlight lighting our way. A heart made of roses was laid out perfectly away from the water with candles surrounding the heart.

Lex gasped covering his mouth with his hands, hearing his loud heart pound in his ears. Matthew pulled them inside the heart before kneeling on one knee.

"Lex... I've learned a lot this year and you taught me all of it. The way to love others while myself. To spend time with family and friends and not work all the time. You have taught me so much, Lex...

Ever since I met you, I can't stop thinking about you. You're on my mind 24/7. How your day went. If you ate anything... I want to protect you forever and always. I love you so much! Your smile lights up my dark world. You made my life worth living. For the rest of my life, I want to spend every waking minute to please you."

Pulling out a black box from his breast pocket and opening it up to reveal a ruby diamond with a gold band. Lex couldn't stop the tears from falling as Matthew pulled free the ring, holding it up and smiling.

"Lex Nelson, will you marry me?"

"Yes," Flinging his hand up and spreading his fingers for Matthew to slip the ring on watching it sparkle in the moonlight. Jumping in for a bear hug while sharing a passionate kiss they tie their eternal promise in red string.