Summertime Beginning

Episode 9- Sins of the Father

Mercedes came out of the bathroom wearing a shirt of Legends. All her natural curls coiled and tossed messily over her head.

"I have no idea what I'm supposed to put on today."

"You can stay like that in my opinion." Legend said from the bed, eyes on his phone. He cuts those same eyes over to see the side eye from her and smiles looking back to his phone. "I thought you were looking for another opinion."

"I wasn't."

"Well, you got it."

"You're annoying."

"Mhm."

Mercedes walked over and crawled on the bed, she laid on top of him; straddling his body. Her head on his chest as she felt that hand on her back—he plays in her hair before resting his hand on the back of her head.

He looks down. "You okay?"

"I'm okay."

That small smile from her as she relaxed, he put his phone away to hold her. She traced the tattoos on his arm before holding onto it. His heart beat being the thing that relaxed her in that moment. As stern as he was at times, he still treated her like the most gentle thing he ever touched. Mentally and physically. Both of them had their petty moments but she knew anybody else would never work out. He was her forever person and it finally made sense why it hurt so much when she thought he was gone from her life.

The day she met him she knew something was different about him and he always made it known—he wasn't like any other guy she met. It was something about him that stayed with her, even in his absence.

"What are you down there thinking about?"

"I'm not thinking about nothing."

"Lie to somebody else."

Mercedes smiled. "At least I'd get away with it."

"I bet. Those boys don't know what they doing when it comes to you. Never did."

"You scared most of them away."

"Good." Legend played with her curls. "They wasn't much to scare."

Mercedes scoffs. "What did you say to them anyway?"

A smirk from him. "Don't worry about it."

"Why are you like this?"

"Because of you."

"I don't do anything."

He nods. "You do enough. Crazy as hell."

"Wonder why...."