🅃🅆🄾

The next morning arrives softly, with light gently filtering through the curtains. The house remains quiet as Martha leaves for work early, her footsteps barely audible on the stairs. She hopes that time might ease the tension between Jetta and Harry, and she departs with a hopeful yet heavy heart.

Harry, who works from home as a bookkeeper, seizes the opportunity to prepare breakfast for everyone. The aroma of bacon and freshly brewed coffee begins to fill the house, mingling with the lingering discord from the previous day.

When Jetta finally wakes, the enticing smells of breakfast greet her, but she has little desire to join in. Still grappling with her frustrations from the day before, she drags herself out of bed and shuffles into the kitchen, clad in pajamas and looking groggy.

Harry is bustling in the kitchen, setting plates and arranging food with a mixture of efficiency and subdued optimism. "Morning, Jetta," he says, trying to sound cheerful. "I made breakfast. I hope you're hungry."

Jetta sits down at the table with a noncommittal grunt, barely glancing at him. She pours herself a cup of coffee and picks at the bacon and eggs on her plate, her mood as cloudy as the previous evening.

Harry attempts small talk, hoping to ease the tension. "I thought we might have a chance to chat a bit this morning. Maybe get to know each other a little better?"

Jetta shrugs, avoiding eye contact. "I'm not really in the mood for talking right now."

Harry's expression tightens slightly, but he maintains his composure. "I understand. If you want to talk later, I'm here. I just thought it might help to start the day on a positive note."

Jetta's frustration bubbles up, and she voices it despite herself. "Why do you keep trying to fix things? It doesn't seem like you understand how hard this is for me."

Harry sighs, setting down his fork and leaning back in his chair. "I'm not trying to fix everything all at once. I'm just trying to make this transition easier for everyone. I know it's not going to be perfect right away."

Jetta's eyes flash with a mix of defiance and sadness. "I didn't ask for this change. I didn't ask for you to come into our lives and turn everything upside down."

Harry's tone softens, and he meets her gaze steadily. "I get that. I'm not trying to replace anyone or take over. I'm just here to be a part of this family and help where I can."

The silence between them feels heavy, broken only by the clinking of cutlery and the hum of the coffee maker. Jetta continues to eat in silence, her thoughts still clouded by the turbulence of the past few days.

When the silence becomes too much, Harry stands and clears his plate, his demeanor reflecting a mixture of resignation and hope. "If you need anything or just want to talk, I'm here. I hope we can find a way to make this work."

Jetta gives a terse nod, her emotions still tangled and unresolved. As Harry returns to his work, Jetta sits alone at the table, contemplating the uncertain path ahead. The day is still young, and with it comes the possibility of new beginnings, however uncertain they might be.

---

The house remains silent after breakfast, the tension from the previous day still lingering. Jetta retreats to her room, burdened by the morning's conversation and the frustration that won’t let go. She collapses onto her bed and starts scrolling through her phone, the screen’s glow offering a fleeting escape from reality.

Downstairs, Harry finishes tidying up the kitchen and prepares for his workday. He tries to focus on his bookkeeping tasks but is preoccupied with finding a way to improve the strained atmosphere. He knows he needs to break the ice, so he decides to approach Jetta with an idea he hopes will help.