♡*♡∞:。.。Prologue 。.。:∞♡*♡

Evangeline Quinn Perigreen. A sweet, kind-hearted, sensitive little girl raised in Florida with her older brother, Theodore Henry Perigreen. Her parents adore both their children and Theodore adore his baby sister. He was the first person to call her Angel as he believed the angels had given them his sister after their mother had a devastating miscarriage.

Over time, Evangeline developed her father's anger issues causing many calls home from school. One fateful day, while waiting in the office for her mother to pick her up, a boy with a sprained ankle sat beside her and sent her a smile. He had honey blond curls and ocean blue eyes. He decided to strike up a conversation with her, introducing himself as Dalton Mauldin. She told him her name and asked how he sprained his ankle, to which he replied that he was playing baseball and sprained it while running bases at recess. Ever since that day, the two were inseparable. Best friends since first grade.

However, things changed once the two started middle school. The friendly feelings turned to more. But both kids were too afraid of admitting to the other the feelings they had. And before long, a classmate of theirs, Jake Osborne, asked Evangeline on a date. She agreed which eventually lead to them officially dating. Dalton's heart broke when he found out. He wanted his best friend to be happy so he wasn't going to ruin that for her.

Evangeline liked Jake a lot but she always found herself wishing it was Dalton. She stayed in the relationship out of fear. Fear of Jake's reaction, fear of being rejected, fear of losing her best friend, and fear of being alone.

Years later when Jake proposed, Evangeline said yes but she knew deep down that she wanted to say no. To run into Dalton's arms and tell him everything she felt for him. She confided in her brother and her other best friend and Dalton's teammate, Jackson Olson. But her fear consumed her once again.