A Perfect Plan

"Guys wake up."
I stare at the spot where Poésie was a few hours earlier.

Did she wake up? Even if she did where would she have gone, we're locked up here.
No... It must have been mister Peterson.
I never truly fell asleep, how didn't I hear him come in?
I mean, when we were in front of the basement door, the first time we were here, he took us away one by one and I barely heard his foot steps.
This man is sneaky and quiet.

"Where is she?"
Asks Beau, worried.
I raise my shoulders, letting him understand that we don't know.

"Maybe he listened to you Dove?"
Adds Blanche.

Perhaps he did. That would make sense.
I really hope it's the case.

"I hope he just killed her first. She was an easy target after all."
Hunter manages to say the most absurd shit nowadays.

"If he wanted an easy target, he would have picked you. Your temper and stupidity seem to get the best of you."

"Fuck you Blanche. Stop acting like them."
I am so done with this.
Beau sighs.

"Whatever. He probably-"
My voice stops itself.

"What's wrong?" Blanche asks.

Beau meets my gaze. On the floor, next to Poésie's mattress is the pin she used to unlock the doors.

I get up to go quickly grab it.

"Guys. I think we can get out of here."
They all stare at me, ready to listen.

"I... I think I remember how Poésie did it. I can give it a try, to open the door."

A wave of adrenaline rushes through my body. I think we might survive.

"What about the cameras?"
Demands Beau.

I take a moment to think.

"We need to turn the power off. If he's looking at the cameras, he's most likely looking at us and what we're doing in this room. Two of us should stay here, and sit in front of the cabinet, but make it seem not on purpose. There is also a big possibility he's not even here, but with Poésie. This is our chance to escape."
Hunter rolls his eyes.

"Who even fucking remembers where that dumb generator was? Yeah, this is not working."

"He has a point, this place is immense and twisted. I don't think any of us have this good of an orientation sense."
Blanche adds.

"When he brought us to the questioning room, he made us go back on our feet many times for us not to remember the path. But I noticed it soon enough, and I'm pretty sure I can make my way to that lever."
Beau and Blanche nod in approval.

My memory has always been one of my best qualities.

"How do the people that stay here know that it's safe for them to leave, and something didn't go wrong?"

"I guess the two people that left should make a detour and come back here, so we can all escape as a group."

That's it. That's our master plan.
We need to be quick. If Peterson is actually out, he could come back any minute.

"I'll come with you while the others wait."
Says Hunter.

I hesitatez. He really wasn't my company of choice, but that'll work.
I nod.

Beau sits in front of the cabinet's handle, and Blanche sits facing him.
I head over to the fenced door.
I hope I remember this right.

I take a moment to remember how Poésie smoothly unlocked the two doors.
I insert the thin metal pin in the lock.
When she did it, she would first tilt it around 15 ° to the right and then move it upward a little.