A drunken call: 2

"Gauri?" He called her name in concern the moment he realised she was crying. He walked over to her and got on his knees to match her level. "Ri, you're crying?" He asked as he tried to meet her eyes.

When she gave no response to him but just continued to cry, he held her hand in worry and said, "I'm so sorry, yaar. I didn't know you'd cry like this- "

But before he could complete his sentence, she cried, "How could I do something like that, Omkara? How did I have no sense of what I was doing?"

Seeing her breaking down, Omkara kept his hand on her shoulder, but before he could speak, she started again, "Om, it was my first time, and I don't remember a thing! How can I trust me with myself after last night? How can I be so careless? You should've just tied me up, Om. I messed it all up. It shouldn't have happened. This isn't right. How-"

"Chup! Ek dum chup! Ab ek aur shabd nahi." Omkara said, keeping his index finger on her lips. He had no idea that his little teasing would've come this far. "Gauri, tum meri baat sunogi?"

She nodded her head like an obedient child, the tears still on her face. He slowly took his finger from her lips and wiped away her tears, not breaking the eye contact. "Nothing happened between us, Gauri. Don't worry. I won't let you do anything that I know you'd regret later. I was just teasing you, yaar, I didn't think you'd take it this seriously. I'm really sorry, Ri."

She looked at him wide-eyed in disbelief, "You mean nothing happened between us? Nothing at all?"

"No, nothing happened."

"Then, what about that..." she started but stopped as she thought about that flash of a memory that she had remembered. Was that her imagination then? Had nothing happened in real? But then she remembered how she was wearing his t-shirt. Was he lying to make her feel better? "How am I in your t-shirt then?"

"You really don't remember at all?" he asked in confusion.

"I wouldn't be asking you if I did!"

"Well, your shirt got wet because you...."

"I what?"

Flashback

"Here, drink this, its lime juice." Omkara said, handing over the drink to her. She had been sitting on the kitchen counter watching him make the drink. While it was no big deal to her, only Omkara knew his inner turmoil. He was still in shock at her random love confession from earlier, and he hadn't had the opportunity to ask her about it either, but now seemed like the perfect opportunity to ask her. Taking a deep breath, he asked, "About earlier...what you said..."

"What did I say?" she asked in confusion, taking a sip from the drink he had given her.

"About...love..." he stammered.

She looked at him for a whole moment as if he was speaking gibberish before asking, "Love?"

"Outside the car. You said you..." He trailed off unsure of how to continue.

"You are too cute, Om, but I have no idea what you're talking about." She said, dramatically shaking her head as she took another sip from the glass.

"Areyy, gir jayega!" Before the words could leave his mouth, the drink spilled all over her shirt, making it entirely wet. Somehow, he had managed to catch the glass before it could fall down and shatter into pieces.

Gauri looked at the glass in his hand and her wet outfit and began to cry hysterically, "My dress is all wet now. Ahhhh, it's all your fault, Om. Why did you have to speak while I was drinking?"